[MOD] Useful C43 Object Detectors v1.2

Treexter

Hi,

This mod will change C43 Object Detector to be useful and more interesting than it's now.

Feedback are welcome since it's my first experience with Lua and with Avorion modding.

The following items will be highlighed by C43 Object Detector:

- Dropped Turrets (green)

- Dropped Ship Systems (green)

- Wreckages (white)

- Lootable Colors (green)

- Claimable Asteroids (yellow) (fun fact - I did not knew about such feature until I've tested this mod (vanilla C43 had this feature, I've just changed color))

From vanilla C43:

- Exodus mission beacons (white)

- Claimable stashes (white)

- Claimable ships (white)

Also Changed:

- Prices

- Ranges (each rarity tier adds 4 KM to the highlight range + random variations)

- Max items on Radar (each rarity tier adds 3 + random variations) - if there are more items it will highlight the nearest ones

- Energe Consumption - common, 0.8 GW for Exotic was a joke. (Still a joke, 1.5GW is nothing in mid-game)

- Tooltip

Some screenshots:

Without Mod

https://imgur.com/YQqf4zW

With Mod

https://imgur.com/M0L2nYX

[spoiler=More Some Screenshots]

https://imgur.com/a/jWE3x

Installation:

unzip valuablesdetector.lua file into the "Avorion\data\scripts\systems" folder

[spoiler=Changelog]

V 1.2

- Do not show wreckages with resources amount below MIN_RESOURCE_THRESHOLD (changable at the header of the .lua file, default is "150")

- Fixed a bug: Claimable Asteroids now should work along with other vanilla detection objects

V 1.1

- Removed Arrows for Wreckages objects - was too annoying when there are lot of them

- Claimable Asteroid now should be yellow as promised by description

V 1.0

Initital Release - game version 0.15.5 v10141

Plans:

- Distinct colors for Loot Rarity - but I cannot find how to obtain rarity values from loot nor how to obain component from Entity - does anyone know?

Useful_C43_Object_Detectors_v1.0_-_0.15.5_r10141.zip

Useful_C43_Object_Detectors_v1.1_-_0.15.6_r10159.zip

Useful_C43_Object_Detectors_v1.2_-_0.15.8_r10262.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Asteroids are still not being highlighted.

Same for me.

I like this mod a lot, makes this system much more usable IMO. I thought it was practically worthless before.

Is it possible to get a version that doesn't highlight dropped cargo?

Also maybe to ignore wrecks under a certain size or material amount threshold as well? I'm asking about this in particular because when I start breaking down several wrecks and each one has broken into like a dozen pieces the highlighting of them is quite overwhelming.

Either way, thanks for this mod!

Asteroids are still not being highlighted.

Same for me.

I like this mod a lot, makes this system much more usable IMO. I thought it was practically worthless before.

Is it possible to get a version that doesn't highlight dropped cargo?

Also maybe to ignore wrecks under a certain size or material amount threshold as well? I'm asking about this in particular because when I start breaking down several wrecks and each one has broken into like a dozen pieces the highlighting of them is quite overwhelming.

Either way, thanks for this mod!

>> maybe to ignore wrecks under a certain size or material amount threshold as well?

Was thinking about this enhance as well.

Will try to fix issues and update the mod next week.

Updated to v1.2:

- Claimable asteroids should be fixed (see screenshot)

jCmQ1RB.png

- Do not show wreckages with resources amount below MIN_RESOURCE_THRESHOLD (changable at the header of the .lua file, default is "150")

"Is it possible to get a version that doesn't highlight dropped cargo?"

Unfortunatelly, I did not find a way to determine cargo.

EntityType enum has "Loot" group which also contains cargo, so it seems to be impossible right now because I don't want to remove entire "Loot" group.

If anyone finds a hint or have more ideas please let me know.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, can you make it into proper mod ? I don't want to modify game files because it can break other mods.

I would love to have actual use of object scanner which in vanilla is basically useless until you get the best one.