Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

(Dedicated Server) Problem with steam authentication

mythal

Hi there.

I setup a dedicated server.

It is ubuntu 16.x

I have NO iptable records, did a complete iptables flush. Then I accepted all traffic (input, forward, output).

I turned OFF firewall (sudo ufw disable).

So - ALL traffic is allowed through.

However - if I use "useSteam=true" in server.ini - then nobody can connect to my server.

If I turn it off, it works just fine. However without this on - my server wont show up in the server browser in-game.

Can you look into how you are handling steam authentication? Or possibly find a better way to list servers in-game?

I host 5-6 other gameservers for other steam games, like 7DTD, insurgency, ARK, etc. - and I have NEVER seen this issue before.

I contacted my datacenter to ensure there is no outer layer of network blocks, and they did a thorough check - nothing is being blocked. Server is listening on 27000 and 27003 like it should. As I said there are NO ports being blocked, server is 100% open allowing ALL traffic through - and it still does not work. So it is 100% an issue with how the game server handles steam auth.

I already had Dirtyredz and his crew try to help me - they seem to be the most experienced server hosts in the community - and they also said the same.

Would be great if this got a little attention!

Thanks!

Just curious - but do the devs look at this forum?

Not sure why it exists if they dont.

This issue is a pretty big one, keeping more servers from promoting the game and bringing in more players. I'd assume the devs would want to address it pretty soon so the growth of their game isnt severely hindered.