[0.15.4] Empty ship requires thousends of ranking officers.

Hammelpilaw

Why does a big ship, but without crew, require thousends of ranking officers? You should only need them for crew you really have on your ship. How could you found a big ship now? You cant buy that many until morale drops and they leave again...

When you got only 6 crew member like on the screenshot, you should not need any ranking officer. To me the crew rework is half baked yet, although the idea is really good.

In my opinion the amount of required sergeants ("unteroffiziere", not sure if the english word is correct) should depend on the amount of crew members. Then you need 1 lieutenant for 4 sergeant and so on. It is relatively easy to manage, even on big ships, and it matches exactly the descriptions that should be the base for these calculations.

Bad english... sry I hope you understand  :)

• Boxelware Team

In the last patch, we've upped the timers for crew leave, fixed an issue with crews leaving immediately, officers are no longer influenced by low morale and the morale drops for officers are no longer high enough that a single ranking officer missing will make your crew leave.

It's no problem at all, the only issue is (still) that crewing such a huge ship takes time. We're still working on making that less annoying.

But it also changed the dependency of the amount of ranking officers. In 0.15.3 (I think, or was it 0.15.2? not sure) you needed ranking officers dependent on the crew thats on the ship. Now you need ranking officers dependent on the ship size. I think the first one was much better.