[SPOILERS] Reaching The Core

Dinosawer

Ok right now i'm trying to do the beacon part.. I've didnt watched about quest before starting the center of the galaxy journey, right now i have one quest saying :

Operation Exodus :

You found a Beacon with a cryptic message for all participants of the so-called : " Operation exodus.".

Thats means right now i have to do go all trought -200+ sector until i have #49 Y = #### ? Or the next i will found will be the right ones?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have the delivery quest for the 8th artifact and the delivery said i'm suppose to deliver in the core, but i dont have acess to it..?  at -23:92

I've had the same thing happen with the Bottan delivery quest.  All you can do is abandon the quest and try and retake it.

Hey everyone, so far I am having 6 Artifacts. The ones missing are the ones from the Mobile Merchant and from the Researchstations.

I figure I'll meet the right Merchant sooner or later. But so far I have only seen one Researchstation a while ago.

I can't seem to find another one again. Are there any requirements like a certain distance from the core? Energy or mass fields?

----

Edit: Turns out I was just not paying attention and they're actually not that rare in the usual colonized space all along

Let me ask this: do you really only need 2 legendaries and 1 artifact to combine at a research station or does it only give you a chance?

(Like with other researches, 3 gives 60%, 4 gives 80% and only 5 gives 100%?)

I saw someone on reddit who got screwed because he got a legendary instead of an artifact.

I don't want to risk anything, and gathering two more legendary modules would take ages.

Let me ask this: do you really only need 2 legendaries and 1 artifact to combine at a research station or does it only give you a chance?

(Like with other researches, 3 gives 60%, 4 gives 80% and only 5 gives 100%?)

I saw someone on reddit who got screwed because he got a legendary instead of an artifact.

And gathering two more legendary modules would take ages.

It should be guaranteed (I checked the code), BUT you need to make sure the two legendaries are not identical (due to a bug, not intentional), which, if we're thinking about the same thing, happened to that person.

(well, that's what I think happened, anyway. Haven't heard official confirmation but had similar issues when researching other things)

Should bugs happen and it's single player, you can always "cheat" the artefact into your inventory, too.

It should be guaranteed (I checked the code), BUT you need to make sure the two legendaries are not identical (due to a bug, not intentional), which, if we're thinking about the same thing, happened to that person.

(well, that's what I think happened, anyway. Haven't heard official confirmation but had similar issues when researching other things)

Should bugs happen and it's single player, you can always "cheat" the artefact into your inventory, too.

Thanks, that helps. By cheating, do you mean like console commands? Where can I find out more about those?

Thanks, that helps. By cheating, do you mean like console commands? Where can I find out more about those?

I do, yes - the moddability means you can quite literally run API commands in the chat window.

They're atm kind of all over the forum, but you'd need this one:

/run Player(callingPlayer):getInventory():add(SystemUpgradeTemplate("data/scripts/systems/teleporterkey2.lua", Rarity(RarityType.Legendary), Seed(124)))

(you can change the number for other ones, but 2 is the one from the research station)

OK, I got the one from the research station...

But now I'm having trouble with the mobile merchant.

I had him spawn for the first time in like 30 hours, but he didn't have the artifact. I started re-logging because that resets the stock of merchants, but after at least 50 re-logs still nothing.

Maybe only some of them have it, and a re-log isn't going to change anything? I'v seen a who had the artifact but I didn't have enough credits for it, and I didn't mark the position.

So, back to Exodus.  I think I have read all there is to read regarding how to determine where to find the comm beacon that sends you along to other coords where you will eventually get your drop, its just that...well, I've received the matching #'d coords for X (#96 x=391) and for Y (#96 y=300) and there was/is nothing there.  I've received dozens of other #'s for other ones (some duplicates).  After finding the first location empty, I've been to, literally hundreds of hidden mass sites seeing if there are new sets.  Jump - look - plot new jump - wait 100 secs for my drive. 

I this me or the game?  I'm fine with chalking this up to 'it's in Beta', but I did want to make sure I haven't missed a simple point.  I don't want to fly all the way back to near the core to find out I should have stayed and looked for a few more hours.

Is there any way I could spawn in the equipment merchant? That's the only one I'm missing and I don't really feel like waiting around for hours.

I tried to goad the proper merchant with proper merchandise to spawn for about six hours today in my single player game. Few minutes ago I gave up and used the console to run the script from few posts above, but obviously changing 'teleporterkey2' to 'teleporterkey4' to get the correct piece.

Now I finally have all eight keys, time to go find some Avorion.

I didn't realise you had to go in to *empty* systems to find Swoks/AI... that explains why I only encountered Swoks, and him just once, before I had much jump range. I almost always try to hit a yellow system, or at least a green to get the lay of the... space.

With how the NPC ships describe it 'ships in different regions may know different things' I'd actually thought that 'regions' meant the big 100x100 zones the galaxy is divided in to on the map. I hadn't thought of a 'distance to the core' thing, especially as you can start the Bottan mission way in to the Xanion space.

The band in which you can find these guys seems way too narrow at ~60 systems.

*Edit: Also, the mobile merchant who has the Xsotan artifact appears to be exceedingly rare. Is there a trick to finding this guy, or should I just sit AFK in a system and check if something has appeared every 15 minutes?

Is there some special area where the artifact delivery quest is supposed to spawon. I have checked hundreds of station bullet boards, still nothing...

EDIT: To answer my own question, the mission only seems to spawn after you actually do some missions firsthand. It does not matter whether you are friendly or just barely friendly-neutral to a faction, though.

Concluding from this experience, it could be that the mobile merchant with the other artifact only spawns when you do an amount of trading firsthand?

Have the 8 artifacts (had to cheat in the Exodus one due to empty systems).  Have the 8 ships equipped with the artifacts (one per ship).  Have them each positioned perfectly in front of a station in the appropriate system.  Like spokes on a wheel. 

Is there something I'm missing?  Nothing has happened.  Is there something that needs to be clicked on or activated? 

Anyone have details on the gateway system to get past the barrier?

it does only spawn in hidden yellow systems yes?

is there only 1?

how far away can it spawn from the barrier?

i wonder this because i have hundreds of yellow hidden mass around a small section of the ring and it could take days to travel to everyone of them around the entire ring

thanks

picture of my galaxy

https://gyazo.com/05428d542d507d9e5d4f6034f918b707