Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[SPOILERS] Reaching The Core

Dinosawer

AI - It's like Pirate Swoks - it has a 1 in 20 chance of spawning in systems in that region that are not offgrid, regular or home to a faction; and spawns after 8 consecutive jumps in such systems if it didn't before.

Only thing I'm not sure of is what that means exactly - I suspect offgrid = mass and regular = energy; which would mean you find it by jumping between systems that are neither.

Which is easy enough to test.  :)

Artifact delivery questline can be found on bulletin boards (generally of military outposts, maybe on others too) as "looking for Xsotan Artifacts", "hard", for 10000000 creds or so. Quest log will point you towards the location when you find it. You're looking for a beacon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I managed to do it too \o/

The "you need 8 ships" thing seems needlessly fiddly to me - especially since the Xsotan decided to raid while I was halfway through placing ships around, and destroyed half of them, so I had to start over. And then one of my artifacts had mysteriously vanished so I had to cheat it back (I really had it before, so it wasn't cheating really). And then I had to do the ship thing again. And then I had to go round again to get all my artifacts back from all those ships.

So by the time I opened the wormhole I'd spent about half an hour just getting it open.

Also, I seem to not have gotten the achievements

Into The Unknown

Center of the Galaxy

Historian

despite being online on steam when I did the things.

Also also edited the first post with more deets

• Boxelware Team

I'll have a look at the achievements, that would be annoying if it didn't work correctly.

Your trouble with opening the gate is unfortunate, but I want to encourage people to build multiple ships and playing co-op, which is why you need 8 ships. It should be relatively easy to accomplish using the strategy mode, you can just send your ships to the asteroids and back with a few clicks.

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any more tips/clarifications for finding the MAD Energy Lab? I hate spoiling myself things, but after fighting the AI twice and corrupting my save - which forced me to 'butcher' it a bit in order to restore it - I must have spent more than two hours trying to find it.. and it's the last thing I need.  ::)

To be sure, do you need to jump into Hidden Mass, or Empty Systems? The two times I bumped into the AI was blindly jumping forward without looking for it.

There's more on the wiki, yes.

In this case I'm very sure you need to jump into hidden mass systems (not empty ones) between 150 and 240 distance to the core. In some of them, a MAD Energy Research satellite will be floating (often in an asteroid fields, but it's easy to find, blinks on the map iirc), which you can destroy for an upgrade. After you destroyed four of those, the Lab will show up.

Thanks for the tip. I actually gave up and looked on the game's code for info and got it. And since I had killed The AI two times before and lost the artifact (due to save loss or derpiness, not sure), I 'cheated' by rewriting some scripts.

After that, I had everything to push to the end. And finished it.  ;D

I have to ask though, is the heavy reliance on RNG luck a good thing? Finding The AI and the MAD Energy Lab took me way too many hours of jumping around. In both cases, back when I didn't know which ranges to look, I was jumping on a ton of Hidden Mass sectors and would never find it since I was a bit too far or a bit too close of the defined range.

My suggestion would either give more hints as to where those things are, or make the probability of an encounter rise over time. Maybe even making the probability of an encounter higher if the player hears from a ship about the subject (The AI or the Energy Lab).

Maybe I was just insanely unfortunate that made 50+ jumps not be enough, but oh well.

Quick question...

Are there more than one of the "gates" that require the 8 different Xsoltan artifacts?

I was playing on a server with my friends before we knew what it was and figured it was the mad scientist lab, so we destroyed half of the asteroids... If there is only one per game then we will have to bite the bullet and start over, but if there are multiple gates then it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks in advance!

Questions for those who got to the center of the galaxy.

I reached the center [0:0] and ...

defeated the Wormhole Guardian, got the loot, but nothing really happened after that.

What now?

P.S.

Can you somehow repeat the last fight with the Wormhole Guardian? I played in a multiplayer server, does that mean that other players won't see him, it's gone forever?

Also what can you do with...

jZSZwMZ.png

Haven't killed the thing myself yet, but

I don't think anything really happens after. You won. Hurray!

It's supposed to respawn after a while, yes, for MP reasons.

When you first talk to a resistance outpost in the core you get three mission:

-gather Xsotan technology, research it, and eventually create a wormhole device that lets you open wormholes to call allies in the final battle against the guardian

-Gather allies by getting good rep with faction and asking their aid

-Kill the guardian

Those tech pieces are for the first quest - research them at a research station to get ones of higher rarity until you get up to legendary, which is the wormhole device.

Huh interesting, I only encountered one of these, then just visited that Wormhole Guardian at the center after flying to the core through a wormhole that dropped me into the circle-rift thing, which let me hyperspace jump into the core. I thought I must have missed out on some stuff, because none of the Xsotan story seemed to be revealed.

The one I've seen is that Smuggler, who stiffed me out of 500k!

• Boxelware Team

Yeah the aftermatch of the fight needs some more love. But I've got a few things in mind for that. You can definitely repeat the fight (quicker than anticipated right now, but working on that, too).

Biggest priority for us, when we created it, was to get the fight done.

Yeah the aftermatch of the fight needs some more love. But I've got a few things in mind for that. You can definitely repeat the fight (quicker than anticipated right now, but working on that, too).

Biggest priority for us, when we created it, was to get the fight done.

I was very surprised of what I saw in the center, great job.

The fight was intense and cool. It took me more than an hour to beat him solo. I loved how the boss spawned the minions from all over the galaxy, however after a while I noticed a flaw, if you don't kill all the minions and leave at least one alive, he won't spawn more and that's why I managed to beat the boss solo without any ally help.

My suggestion is to improve the script, so that it checks periodically how many Xsotan ships are in the sector and if there are less than X amount, it would initiate the wormhole portals to spawn more minions.

Yep, the final fight is pretty intense and cool.

My room got too hot (AMD CPU, y'know  ::)), so I decided to strategically park my ship around a bunch of wrecks while the guardian was at 50%, and took a shower, then came back to finish it. haha!

It took a long time, probably 1 and a half hours, because I rushed in underpowered with around 10-15k omicron and mostly Xanion gear with 200k shields, 80k HP with Trinium armor.

Ah, during the fight those wormholes are generated, so you probably jumped through one of the jumpholes someone else caused

If that was a reply to me then no, I was playing single-player. The wormhole I'm talking about generated an exit inside the actual 'great barrier' itself, which let me explore the center without 'unlocking' whatever is supposed to unlock that... so I now assume it to be a bug :D