Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Button to visually shrink all blocks in build mode

Weylin

Suggestion

There's a nifty little feature in From the Depths that temporarily shrinks all blocks to half size, making it possible to modify interior space, mostly for changing block types and getting an overview of everything the ship has at a glance.

5 answers to this suggestion

thats a very bad description right there my friend :p i almost insta replied with THERE IS!!! its called zoom xD

but then i understood what you meant and yes its a very nice feature but the game already has something thats works in a similar fashion- the eye tool to hide specific blocks, but - it needs a button to invert the view so you see everything EXCEPT the block youre highlighting.

We could really use "Hide selected blocks". It's been suggested before.

And remembering block selections as "selection group 1", 2, 3, etc.

For example, I want to select all of the the front and top armor blocks on my ship and remember that selection group. Good for changing armor type. Or for hiding to edit the insides of the ship if that feature got implemented.

I tried the Show Only Specific Blocks in Build Mode and I've got to say I'm a little unimpressed. I can only select blocks that are revealed this way and Transform them. I can't add new blocks next to them if the interior space is hollow. This is because, for the purposes of adding blocks, the invisible blocks' hitboxes are still considered, so the game thinks you're trying to add blocks to the exterior of the design.

The feature Weylin describes from From the Depths is simple, yet incredibly sophisticated in its function: it shrinks all blocks down to half size visually, and allows you to physically place blocks "through" the spaces that are thusly revealed. It's a little hard to look at personally, but the way it works is phenomenal in that it allows you to place blocks on the interior of designs and in tight spaces, even if you want to place a block of the same material as the blocks already there (which is not as easily possible if you Hide them, since, well... they're hidden lol).

I tried the Show Only Specific Blocks in Build Mode and I've got to say I'm a little unimpressed. I can only select blocks that are revealed this way and Transform them. I can't add new blocks next to them if the interior space is hollow. This is because, for the purposes of adding blocks, the invisible blocks' hitboxes are still considered, so the game thinks you're trying to add blocks to the exterior of the design.

The feature Weylin describes from From the Depths is simple, yet incredibly sophisticated in its function: it shrinks all blocks down to half size visually, and allows you to physically place blocks "through" the spaces that are thusly revealed. It's a little hard to look at personally, but the way it works is phenomenal in that it allows you to place blocks on the interior of designs and in tight spaces, even if you want to place a block of the same material as the blocks already there (which is not as easily possible if you Hide them, since, well... they're hidden lol).

select the block you want to build against and scroll in until youre inside the hull. then build. for stuff like directional thrusters and gyros you do this after making sure the blocks direction and shape and size are right then scroll, build.  admittedly its not as nice as simply converting but it works.