gate.lua - callback problems?

lyravega

I think something is wrong with the gate.lua file. I was updating my mod, and noticed that a lot of the gates had N/A icon (which is used to show Not Ready state). Thinking it is my mod, I switched back to vanilla, and the issue persists. Some of the gates are reported as "Not Ready" even though they can be freely used.

The gate entities have two callbacks, one on the server side, one on the client side. I think both of them are not functioning; on server side, the callback is "destinationSectorReady" which should invoke the "updateTooltip" function, and in turn change that "Not Ready" on clients to "Ready" eventually.

Likewise, on client side, the callback is "onSelected" which should invoke the same function, but it doesn't change the description/icon upon selecting the gates.

My previous experiences with "Not Ready" gates were due to server crashing but client going on for a bit, and if that happens you pass through the gate wormhole as if it is not there, or rather not functional as the "Not Ready" states. However, as I've said, since I can use the gates even though it says "Not Ready", I believe something is wrong with the callbacks. Maybe with somewhat recent Gate namespace addition, callbacks are actually not working? That or you guys added something to force the server get a sector ready as soon as a client collides with a gate wormhole.

Sorry for any confusion.