Fighters do not defend against xsotan

Tyrosun

I'm having a problem with my fighters in defensive mode.  They properly attack all pirates and enemy factions, however when it comes to the xsotan they seem to have a blindspot.  They do not engage any xsotan ships automatically, I have to manually make every squad attack them. In the current version, manually commanding every squad to engage is a real pain. Is anyone else having a similar issue with their fighters?

Have you tried deploying the fighters after the Xotan have become aggressive? Just wondering if they are deployed and do an initial check and see the Xotan as neutral (purple) and fail to update when Xotan go aggressive (red) or if they just fail to engage no matter when they are deployed.

I thought for sure you had nailed it pyrax, but sadly I tested it and my fighters still don't engage the xsotan. However, I did notice that even though the xsotan turn red to indicate they are hostile, the relationship still says neutral. I'm wondering now if the fighters queue off of the relationship to decide whether on not to attack in defensive mode...