Couple questions ;)

Fenix17

Hello everyone!

I'm a 10 years old EvE Online player and in last weeks i was seeking smth more "relaxed" that better suits my little free time... and "stumbled" into AVORION!

I've dowloaded the linux demo and really liking it but seems a bit bugged and outdated (expecially reguarding the ship building mode)....

the two questions are:

- any chance it will be available a more recent demo version?

- can any "project head" confirm it won't turn (once final release will be out) into a montly-subscription game? I've little spare time and one of the plenty reasons why i'm leaving EvE Online is indeed the too high montly subscription compared to the little time i've to play.

(it wasn't a problem since few months ago but now it added to others...)

Thanks for any reply!

Hi Fenix17,

welcome to the forum.

- any chance it will be available a more recent demo version?

There are no plans to release a new demo. However, if you want to know what the game looks like at the moment, you should watch a recent "Let's Play" video. You can also have a look at the patch notes to see what has changed since the demo.

- can any "project head" confirm it won't turn (once final release will be out) into a montly-subscription game? I've little spare time and one of the plenty reasons why i'm leaving EvE Online is indeed the too high montly subscription compared to the little time i've to play.

(it wasn't a problem since few months ago but now it added to others...)

Avorion will not become a MMO nor will there ever be a subscription fee or in-game micro transactions.

If you like EVE Online, I think you'll like this game. Not at all the same genre of course, but as an EVE Online player myself, I do enjoy it. You'll find some familiarities such as the mining lasers and the variety of both viable low-tech and high-tech weaponry. You can also easily mod the game music by adding in the soundtrack from EVE Online (you have to convert it to .ogg first but you can look that up).

Thanks for the reply guys!

I've purshased AVORION and i'm downloading it now :)

I still want to suggest an update to the demo: watching a video simply doens't give (and never will) any feeling to the game... just my 2 cents!

O7