Issues starting game on Fedora 26

thetaArc

Hi,

I just got the game and when I go to run it, it starts and then just crashes without a screen popping up or anything. I've tried it on Gnome Wayland and Gnome Xorg

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

GPU: Radeon R9 270X

Some of the errors from the log...

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/$USER/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.

process 10148: arguments to dbus_connection_unref() were incorrect, assertion "connection->generation == _dbus_current_generation" failed in file ../../dbus/dbus-connection.c line 2794.

This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

UPDATE: While I can't test this with Avorion I've had similar issues with another game (Dwarfcorp) and it seems a fix was found.

This fix was tested on Fedora 27

GPU drivers are updated to the lastest ones in fedora's repos (Driver: X.Org AMD PITCAIRN (DRM 2.50.0 / 4.13.5-200.fc26.x86_64, LLVM 4.0.1); Driver Version:  3.0 Mesa 17.2.2), since you wouldn't/ shouldn't install drivers from a website on linux.

Then I should've noted in the OP that the log was just those two errors repeated 50x times each.

I have however refunded the game for now. But I'll buy in again in a few updates and post something if there are any issues or if it ends up being fixed in the future.