[MOD][BiB-ST] Bigger Stations

Fenrir

And the current crown prince of bigger is better:

Bigger Stations

This mod scales the station to sizes worthy to be told to be an station.

Don't fear to kick them into the deep space after a crash

Don't fear stations with only 3 cargo spaces

Don't fear stations being destroyed be a stray shot

It also contains an limitbreak for the station storage:

Before a station could at max store 25000 items of one kind. Now the limit is 1 000 000  (limited be the actual cargospace of the station, of course)

Site effect: Raiding of stations is far harder then before since they are far better protected.

Planned Feature:

- Turrets on stations (with meaningful DPS)

BiggerIsBetter_Stations.zip

I love you! I really hope this works because your mods are everything I wanted more of in the game, Thank you!

Can confirm that this definitely works. I spawned a research station in the core (0,0) and it was HUGE. Had over 2 billion shield hp and more on hull.

Hey dude nice mod you made there, but i found a bug a station has in its cargo ~116000 energy cells but can only hold 25000 so the price for these is -18 C. So you get for each trade like +800k for doing nothing.

Nice mod ;) im enjoying it and the big asteriods <3 feels way more realistic

You have no other aktiv Mod?

Because the station should not have a max of 25 000 storage.

I will look into it if the uploaded version is maybe missing a file.

Edit: I checked: The trading manager file is contained and has the correct values.

If i start a new universe my stations also have more max cargo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just started a fresh server, added only this mod and then launched the game.

I get the output below repeating in the server console. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with for bug tracking.

could not execute function 'Factory.updateServer' in '"data/scripts/entity/merchants/factory.lua"':
data/scripts/entity/merchants/factory.lua:1112: attempt to get length of field 'deliveredStations' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        data/scripts/entity/merchants/factory.lua:1112: in function 'refreshDeliveryShuttles'
        data/scripts/entity/merchants/factory.lua:1014: in function <data/scripts/entity/merchants/factory.lua:1009>

I started a new galaxy with all BiB mods and noticed, that I cannot trade with any station.

The option to open the trade menu is simply not there, only Bulletin Board and Hire Crew.

I don't know which mod causes that problem, or if it is the combination of all of them, but this is game breaking :(.

Edit: I made a new galaxy with only this mod enabled - same problem. As soon as I remove it, it works again.

Edit2: Using only plangenerator.lua from this mod and ignoring tradingmanager.lua works for me. Drawback is that the bigger inventory change is then not applied. The diff is here: https://www.diffchecker.com/RyzMhPGy (left is original code, right is changes by mod). I will work out the exact changes later and see if I can fix it myself. It should only be required to change some numbers, hopefully.

Being a total noob to the specifics of the in-game code, I'd suggest the very first diff is already something you may want to check:

require ("merchantutility")

is apparently turned off / negated by the mod. I'm assuming here that merchantutility is what allows merchants to do their shopping interface business, so not including that in the code breaks the functionality as you put it. Not sure though.

Also these two deletions seem pretty significant:

28.	    instance.buyFromOthers = true		
29.	    instance.sellToOthers = true

This is why I always custom-merge mod scripts with the vanilla ones... updates to the original scripts are not always incorporated in mods, especially older ones.

Man we need more proper code injection and mod management than we have currently. Reinstalling mods after an update is hell.

• 9 months later...