Patch 0.14.5 Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 0.14.5

Date: October 9th, 2017

Gameplay

• Added controlling of fighters of current ship in strategy mode

UI

• Added buttons to the transfer ui to transfer the whole crew/cargo/fighters at once

Workshop

"Frankly, the current workshop tag system is a mess. We've isolated the biggest categories and most used tags and bundled them into a fewer tags that can be assigned in-game now, without adding custom tags any more. We think that this should help the general overview over the workshop."

• Reworked Workshop Tags

Bugfixes

"As usual, bug fixes for reports by users are marked with [uBR]. Thanks guys and keep it up!"

• [uBR] Fixed an issue where transfering fighters would not work correctly
    • Added warning when a squad is full

[*]Fixed rect selection still being there when closing strategy mode

[*][uBR] Pause command is only sent when there's a local session going on

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where game wouldn't unpause when clicking "Resume game"

[*]Fixed bad overlap of windows when 3 or more windows are active

[*][uBR] Fixed fighters attacking everything once their mothership was lost/destroyed

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where ships wouldn't send out fighters if they had no turrets

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where ships wouldn't mine/salvage when they had fighters but no turrets

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where ai controlled ships wouldn't assign their fighters' orders and targets correctly

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where fighters wouldn't get destroyed correctly

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where fighters wouldn't land on the ship even though there's enough space

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where numbers in cargo transfer text boxes would be reset every few seconds

[*][uBR] Ships in smuggler hideouts no longer check for stolen goods

• This is only active for newly generated smuggler hideouts

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue that let repair costs be shown in "Set as Reconstruction Site" dialog

Sometimes the target flys to close to friendly (NPC) which result in negative standing. In that case I would like to set them passive for a short time until the target has nough distance to the friendly ship again.

Or if I salavage in war-zones ... if I just set them to "defend" they attack friendlys which hit me once or twice by accident.

But I have my fighters active just to collect all the minerals/moduls while salvaging ;).

Even a "protect target" option would be cool. So that I could send my fighters to bodyguard friendly NPC/Players while I salavage/mine.

PS: or "agressive" so that they attack any red in the system.

Even a "protect target" option would be cool. So that I could send my fighters to bodyguard friendly NPC/Players while I salavage/mine.
I'd totally dig this. Tiny, fragile ship protected by a mothership carrier with an armada of drones? Sign me the hell up for something as cool-looking as that, haha

• 2 weeks later...

Any ETA on coaxial weapons? Waiting for them to start playing again. And why don't you make all turrets switchable? I mean they can both manually fire and autofire. I prefer the feeling of capital ships, and I'm ready to trade some damage for it, but seeking specific turret type early on is a little bit exhausting. And is there ANY thoughts for constructable turrets, like FTD, but with less complexity? I mean 10 turrets are cool, but one with HUGE particle cannons is even more glorious.

p.s. Awesome work with carriers and interceptors. This new system is just perfect. Game shapes up to be my dream game with every update.

I mean 10 turrets are cool, but one with HUGE particle cannons is even more glorious.

Hmm I like this idea... add a new property to every turret:

turretSlots

It may be possible to combine up to 10 turrets of the same type at turret factory. F.e merging a laser with 5k damage with another with 4k damage, the result has 9k damage and uses 2 turret slots. Size increases, range, turning speed and so on is average between all combined weapons.

It would solve the problem that very huge ships with high dps uses weapons that look too small.

Ok enaugh offtopic, this belongs to Suggestions forum.