Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD] MoveUI v2.2.1

Dirtyredz

Brand spanking new here - Got a question about the instructions.

When inserting the lines at the bottom of the lua files, you mean the bottom, and not inside the last function, yes? I haven't played around with lua scripts before, but I'm setting up a server for myself and a few buddies.

Yes after the last Function is correct.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant mod!

A few ideas from a fresh perspective:

• in the factions readout, use the actual status colours; it's mildly alarming when a faction that's barely negative shows up as hostile
  • I don't know if it's possible, but it would be awesome if the factions readout could somehow be attached to the sector info; the sector name/coordinates move out of the way if the vanilla resource info is displayed. Also, I'd prefer the faction names either center- or left-aligned, but that's just my subjective opinion
  • the power readout is currently not useful to me (maybe later in the game, idk). I'd rather have a status indicator of the ship's systems, whether they're enabled, disabled, or overloaded; preferably as its own, separate window. I may try and take a shot at this myself, don't hold your breath though.

I'd also like to offer a tiny change to the clock display:

53c53
<   drawTextRect(DateTime.hour..":"..DateTime.min..":"..DateTime.sec, rect,0, 0,ColorRGB(1,1,1), 15, 0, 0, 0)
---
>   drawTextRect(DateTime.hour..":"..string.format('%02d', tostring(DateTime.min))..":"..string.format('%02d', tostring(DateTime.sec)), rect,0, 0,ColorRGB(1,1,1), 15, 0, 0, 0)

Instead of "1:2:3", it will format the time as "1:02:03". I'm kind of undecided whether I'd want a leading zero for the hours as well...

Thanks for your consideration.

Thanks,

Some good suggestions, I can definitely do the clock  suggestion as that makes a lot of sense.

about the factions colors, now i cant remember entirely how i decided to color those names but having the color match the factions  status also make alot of sense.

font alignment might become an option!!

Im a bit confused on what you mean by "the sector name/coordinates move out of the way if the vanilla resource info is displayed"

could you help me out please?

"the sector name/coordinates move out of the way if the vanilla resource info is displayed"

could you help me out please?

For example if you open the player or ship info windows, the (vanilla) resources window shows up, and the sector name/coordinates are pushed to the right. The faction info window however remains where it was.

This may be some special use case where I have it placed next to the coordinates display, just because that made the most sense to me. If it is placed anywhere else on the screen, moving it would probably not make much sense...

20181225203429.jpg.fc86b71bb6a42974fdb52367470b8811.jpg

20181225203430.jpg.8e225168faad48f5184a23f96097f863.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does this Mod still Works ? If so can anyone explane me how to install it correctly please. It doesnt show up on my Server. Installed it in my Local Folder and on the Server Folder.

This mod does still work, There are installation instruction on the first page of this thread that you need to follow presicly.

Also I went ahead and added a small feature for the clock:

--Added 12/24 option for the Clock

Download here:

https://github.com/dirtyredz/MoveUI/releases/download/v2.2.1/MoveUI.v2.2.1.zip

• 2 months later...

Hello, I must thanks you for that mod, it's really something usefull and that my friends enjoy on our private server.

I wanted to signal 2 tiny bits of troubles with the ScrapyardLicenses.lua  that I had to resolve.

At line 150 :

if player.index ~= Entity(player.craftIndex).factionIndex then

InAllianceShip = true

end

Seems it should be

if player.craftIndex ~= Entity(player.craftIndex).factionIndex then

InAllianceShip = true

end

And a couple of lines later  you used  AllinaceLicensesSize but I think you were meaning AllianceLicensesSize at lines 160, 162, 173 and 175.

In hope that can provide a bit of help.

Thanks a lot again for your great job for that QoL mod