Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Newcomers, introduce yourselves here!

koonschi

On 10/6/2020 at 6:56 AM, Darinth said:

I'm Darinth. I enjoy playing games, running servers for friends, and programming. Been playing for a few weeks, setup a server after roughly the first week of playing. Having a good time, though I still feel like there are a lot of things that are rough around the edges. Features that seem incomplete or difficult to use. Hope to contribute in some meaningful fashion. Anyways... thanks you reading this. Or not. ^_^

I haven't gotten into multiplayer yet - could I join your server?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I go by Sleepless Knight as per my steam account.

Veteran Space Engineer. Avorion newbie.

Made the jump in part due to the July sale, but mostly due to the features: huge scalability, customizability, and fleet focus 

On 7/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, Travis said:

Hi all,

I go by Sleepless Knight as per my steam account.

Veteran Space Engineer. Avorion newbie.

Made the jump in part due to the July sale, but mostly due to the features: huge scalability, customizability, and fleet focus 

Fleet focus is basically the whole reason why I got into this game... That and the greebling I can to to my ships ^^

• 6 months later...

Hi, I discovered Avorion by accident during Steam holiday 2022 sale. I bought one copy of base game plus DLC. After a few hours in-game playing and a few more watching YouTube videos, I knew this game would be a great fit for me and some friends and family. Over the following week I bought 5 additional copies of base game plus DLC as gifts for friends and family.

I've been playing space-based paper and pen RPGs since 1985 and computer-based ones. I am a hobby game and web programmer.

Right now, I feel Avorion is one of my favorite computer games of all time. A friend, who bought his own copy (and one for his son), setup a dedicated server (Docker) about three weeks ago and we've been playing daily since. We're all enjoying 2.0.

Looking forward to being part of the official Avorion community.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Heyhey, Avorion-Community!

I am Judith or "Judl" and the newest team member of Boxelware, so I am sure that we will read each other in the future! 😉 You might already know me from our Almost Biweekly Stream this week, and if not: Nice to meet you here!  👋

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well... I'm a few years late to this game, lol, but I'm super glad I found it!! Hello all. o7

Old Eve Online player here (2005-2013), Elite Dangerous, Freelancer, etc. I love a good space game! My ships are all named variations of the Eve ships, like my main battleship 'Dominix'.

It took me about 2 hours of reading and playing around to get the basics, then I spent 60+ hours... Over the last 4 days building and doing as much as I can. 

This instantly became one of my all time favorites!! Question: one thing I'm struggling with - - I added an "auto turret control system" chip to my ship which gives me +10 turrets, but any turret I try to fit says it's the wrong type. I have checked many "auto targeting" turret and point defense types but can't find anything that works, and I can't find anything in the encyclopedia. What is an auto turret?? Is it point defense or a regular gun??