Newcomers, introduce yourselves here!

koonschi

Yellow everybody this is Astraltor,

i enjoy rogue-likes and open world rpgs and space games.

other somewhat relevant games i've played: Elona, Starbound, Escape Velocity: Nova, Transcendence, Terraria

I'm a lover of the arts and science, and a speedrunner too.

I might help with the gamepedia

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I properly never introduce myself to Avorion Forum, so here goes.

My online name is Maxumous, I played space games since the first Elite came out for the BBC micro computer in the 80's, yep that says I'm old  ::).

I'm part of the Test Team Leader for X-Rebirth (Egosoft).

I look forward to contributing and helping towards Avorion.

Pm me to get in touch.

Regards,

Neil ' Maxumous ' Short

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, all, I'm AngryGames, and I just bought this last night on Steam.

I was a dirty pirate in Eve-Online for 7+ years, played Freelancer until I got to the point even thinking about the game takes me to a dark place (much like Diablo II), wanted Elite and Star Citizen to be more/better than what they are, and only buy games these days that have some kind of co-op campaign/open world (so my wife and I can play together).

I think I'm about 7 hours in so far, jumped to some other systems to mine titanium, busted a few pirate heads, salvaged some good wrecks (already found an "Exotic" miner upgrade thing and a few golds and one purple! - don't worry, I don't think it's "too easy" or "too rewarding" as I won't be using any of these upgrades for a while other than the power efficiency one).

My first ship = 3 main engines/thrusters and at least 320,000 directional thrusters haha. Seriously, that ship lights up like it's on fire whenever I move the mouse. I watched koonschi's vid on making a basic but cool looking ship (looks like a Rifter from Eve heh), but I'm terrible and my ship looks like a dagger because I'm not good with corners and edges. Not good with anything, to be honest, but I'm learning.

I'm excited to keep playing (and to get my wife and some friends into it) as it sort of has that feel I always imagined Eve would have if there was a separate pve-only server. Thank you, dev(s), for making this game pve-focused (so far, anyway), as we're not interested in pvp at all (and if we are, I played Eve too long and blew up or lost too many 4bil isk ships to ever find another pvp game that is that intense). I hope the main story fleshes out even more, though I have no real idea of what it is atm since I'm still tooling around the first few systems blowing up pirates and sometimes aliens now that I've figured out how to get 4 guns attached ;).

Right. Shutting up. Hope to keep seeing better and better things for this game, and again, thank you for making a pve open world sandbox survival build-y space game!

Hello everyone. I'm a retired avid PC Sci Fi gamer & bought Avorion a cupla days ago, and I'm enjoying the awesome & entertaning CGI, music & the dev's imagination.  The shipbuilding has a rather high learning curve for the uninitiated & I'm in the process of designing my 1st ship by reading the comments here & in the Avorion Wiki for build ideas & tips from other lovers of this game.  Continue to have a great life gamers.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I am as the tag to my left says, Rendelsiand.  I am a grey gamer and have enjoyed MMO's and Sandbox games for quite a while.  A friend of mine introduced me to Avorion and now I can't get enough!  I have 200 hours played and still have a lot to do.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok here's the Hello to all from the Toffmeister.  :)

I play Robocraft as well, but I can see this game will be better in my opinion. Loving it so far, even though I lost soooo many starter ships, I'm struggling with the repair/Build stations as I want to relocate, but so far no luck.

I'm currently at a nanoanite area, and looking to move inwards soon (solo play), I've no intention of joining any alliances yet until I get the mechanics of the game sorted in my head.

Wish list:

some curved shapes.

Suggestion for Devs: Add some cosmetic stuff we can purchase, fill your coffers guys, I want this game to go somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

I found Avorion thanks to my Steam Discovery Queue actually, probably because I recently picked up Heat Signature, another space-based randomly generated procedural universe thing but a vastly different game more in tone with Hotline Miami, and because I've messed around with From the Depths a bit with a friend. And I saw it in my Queue and it looked interesting so I gave it a try.

But Avorion hits that excellent sweet spot for me between voxel creativity, great interface when building (FtD is incredibly finicky with its controls) and generally user-friendly controls (although I'm sure you'll hear suggestions coming from me on the fora, too, in time ;))) ), nice graphics, procedural, persistent worlds, modding capability and ... oh... oh yeah... SPAAAAAAAAAACEEE

I've very quickly become very much engrossed with this game and am now getting more into the community.

I've started building a Mod Manager script / program that should streamline the process of installing mods while we await the eventual inclusion of mods in the Steam Workshop.

so that's me - hello! nice to meet you all

Hi,

I'm RadiantFlux and stumbled over this game while looking for some sandbox game in space with self-made spaceships. :D

So far Avorion fits my specs very well.

Also I am very impressed that this game even runs well on my ancient Zenbook! Incredible.

I have many questions, like, for example, if there is a persistent gigant universe planned in one way or another? Jumping with most of ones flee to some other quadrant that might be inhabited by another plaer or so. A bit like Homeworld once was. :D

But I have to try the current multiplayer first, I guess. ;)

Anyway, glad to have found this game.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose it's time for me to post here now, since it doesn't look like I'm leaving[glow=red,2,300] Avorion[/glow] any time soon. (No matter how hard I've tried so far.)

I came across Avorion in much the same way ShroobLord did, in my steam discovery queue. I've been lurking on here for a while (a few months at this point) and I finally realized that this is THE community I want to be part of. Everyone on here seems so nice, and so far, every time I come on the forums it feels like the warmth of my own home brushes by me.

I really like 4x strategy games, something about owning the world/galaxy pleases me

RodentVentura for World Dictator 2020

and with Avorion, I get to be on the front lines with my minions, spreading peace through the galaxy the only way I know how.

I'd like to take this time to personally thank the devs' for this wonderful game, words cannot explain how awesome I think it is!

• 4 weeks later...

'Ello, I guess I might as well introduce myself here. I was introduced to this game a week ago by a streamer and youtuber, it looked neat, so I bought it. I have logged 107 hours in it so far, for an average of about 15 hours a day.

Considering the fact that I also work at 50%, I feel like this game is robbing me of quite a bit of my free time. All of it, actually. But that's all good, I'm enjoying it!

Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but I might check that out if there are something akin to public servers. I can imagine several competing factions building up their wealth to gain power and control of the galaxy being incredibly cool.

See you in the center!

• 2 weeks later...

Kamo here ! I am kind of a X2 fan (though I lost the CDs). Kinda hated Eve Online for the whole "low-sec/high-sec" ball where carebears had no chance in hell of putting a foot in low sec.

I've seen Lathrix's videos of Avorion and they made me completely fall for this game despite the demo being really out of date and throwing me off (my best ship was a "cargo" shaped like a giant cow ;D)

I really like the idea of making a giant economic and military empire with personal ship designs to retake the galaxy from aliens and pirates, so I'll try to test both trading (though the latest crew-messing patches killed my three stations :( so I'll try again later while regiving me credits when it stabilizes) and fighting.

The customizable music and lua scripting are awesome and allows even almost-programming-illiterate people like me to mod, and play with epic tracks.

My computer is right at the minimal requirements (dual-core, opengl 3 card, win7, iron, etc.) so I lag in asteroid fields of more than 1000 when I turn towards them (maybe I'll reduce useless-roid count or make a "mine empty roids" order one day). It'll allow the devs to have feedback from issues on a really low-end machine.

For the time being I only play solo, playing on a computer with unstable internet connection.

Hello everyone!

I'm usually not much of a poster, more so a lurker.  I love this game though and would like to contribute where I can.  My brother-in-law bought this for me on Steam so I could play it with him on Thanksgiving and I've got over 130 hours into it since then.  Probably too many hours considering I work full time, I'm a full time student and I have a wife & children!  Speaking of children, this game really appeals to my kiddos who generally just play Minecraft when it comes to PC games.  I'm considering purchasing this game for their shared Steam account and letting them play local single player games.

This game really seems to have a great player base and incredible developers.  I'm glad I was introduced to it and hope to get some of my buddies playing it as well.

--Cahotage

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, Crnobog here!

I found out about this game from Scot Manley and Lath, however I decided on making a purchase on it some time ago because I've spent quite a bit of time lurking on the forum in order to get a feel on what the devs are like, and I quite like what I've seen.

Right now, I spend most of my time tearing down ships that others have made in hopes that I learn how to build something that is not pointed box/cylinder :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the game on the latest Steam sale and got 5 of my friends to also buy it.  We're on Freaks R Us as the Dog Pound faction and are total noobs but are loving discovering the galaxy and the lessons that come with not knowing what we're doing.  The learning curve and punishment of ignorance and risk-taking are really fun. 

Hi there!

I picked up Avorion on the last Steam sale and haven't regretted it one bit. After seeing co-op ships were possible, I convinced my brother to pick it up and he's hooked, too. Our goal is to start small with basic builds and work our way up to capital ships we can co-pilot (one at the helm, one at weapons/fighters).

So far, we've been distracted by making the most effective salvaging craft we can to pick off the remains of pirate/alien attacks. Still, it's kept us up hours into the night as we fine-tune and rebuild, so we must be having fun!

Looking forward to seeing how Avorion progresses through Early Access. This is truly an excellent concept for a game and I can't wait to see what comes next. (If I might make a suggestion, maybe some sort of AA or flak gun to take care of those pesky fighters that stick around even after their mothership is destroyed?)

Hello out there!

I picked up this game recently and have already dumped over 30 hours into it.

I freaking love this game.

I lucked out and found titanium quickly, and build a nice light and fast craft to do sort of a little of everything. I've barely made it to 3rd tier materials! I get so distracted, mining, salvaging, harassing pirates, fighting aliens, and trading cargo.

I feel like Avorion has the right balance of complexity and simplicity. It' got all the nuance you could need, without killing your CPU or GPU with needless frills. Plus, my video card is kind of a potato and this game runs amazingly well.

I'm going to buy a couple copies for friends.

Hi my name is DeathTech. People call me DeeTee.

I am a jack of many trades and a streamer/youtuber.

About two months ago I also joined the Dutch translation team.

And I love building stations. But the rent is too damn high.

Thinking about making some Avorion videos for my channel.

I guess thats it. :3

ps. Avorion is currently my favorite space game.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm here! And I love Watermelons and AVORION !

My long-term approach is building a Warterminateleon!

I know AVORION for 320 in-game hours now and  I'm very enthusiastic about this and can hardly wait for the next versions and future of this game!

I'm experimenting a lot with a dedicated server I set up for this game and the fun and possibilities I can imagine raise each day!

My Warterminateleon won't be ready until release, because I'm spending almost all free time on the server setup and writing lua etc. But it will come!

I'm happy to see you all here!

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I'm a software person. I mean, writey-softwarey-person. Totally not a robot. Human.

Stumbled across Avorion, found it to be quite suitable for my relaxing tastes - grinding away at things at my own pace while enjoying the lovely atmospheric look, feel & sound.

<3 to y'all.