Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Newcomers, introduce yourselves here!

koonschi

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone !

I came across this game after it came on steam and i looks quite promising, i love the idea of the RTS side of this game an want to exterminate all life in the universe have thriving capitalist and individualist utopia. I don't know that much about it honestly though but i am looking forward to it. Im a Stellaris junkie so i really looking into the RTS side  ;)

Ive also managed to drag 6 other of my friends into this game  ;D

Legit loved the look of this game ever since I saw the trailer on the steam store. So i went out and purchased myself a steam gift card (cbf to use my card)  and started the download instantly.... sadly though I had work so I couldn't play it until midnight that night... lets just say i didnt get to bed until around 5am the next day.

One thing i did manage to suffer with for the first hour of purchasing the game, is with my computer i had to change the Open GL thingy but after i figured that out it was perfect and just how i wanted the game to be <3

cant wait for future updates developers keep it going. just dont change it to much from how it is now thats my only wish.

Also possibly add a link to the notification when opening the game with the intel on board graphics card which shows how to change that to the navidia high performance card

Hello all

new to forum, been playing for over a week. after I rage quit the demo.. then played it more,, then rage quit the demo again,,, then bought the game. LOL

great game.... love it... haven't slept well since.... 8o)). wish more was explained about ship things being more like components than an actual item aka thrusters inside a ship kinda thing. not a big fan of new update as everything turned my toys into hockey pucks and everything I build is just bleh puck on ice. regardless how many thrusters I slice dice, fill or hide.

and id love for the sectors to keep on working and miners after I leave a  sector other than being in multi...

but love the game.. tons to do... see. explore... build.. ect.... keep up the good work

Hi All

My name is Daniel, I am a game developer/3D artist and a hard core gamer, I have already clocked up 200+ hours in Avorion and plan to clock up hundreds more ;)

I love the game to death I have been waiting for a game like this for a long time, big thanks to the developers for the work they have put in already and for the work that is yet to come.

Hi AVORIONS!

This game got me  like out of nowhere! :o

I already gave up the hope for a second part of Freelancer, one of the best space games ever. :(

But here it is, a hope for all Freelancer fans!  ;D

And the most important part is that unlike the X Series  the controls are easy to manage.  :P

It is very user friendly and that is what mostly mattered for me. 8)

Also the building mechanics combined with the hunt for better weapons are the main factors for its addictiveness! ;D

So the only thing this game is missing on my account is finesse in story telling.

While even freelancers story is little weak , Avorion is almost a blank in that field.  :-\

But that can always change since there is still some time to release! ;)

Hi everyone

I recently tried Space Junk League or something like that ...

I have no idea how i stumbled onto Avorion, but as soon as I did, I dumped Space Junk League like a bad habit.

Even though Avorion is in Beta, I like it loads !!

I like the fact that you truly get to build your own ships, i  like the community, and most of all, i look forward to one day getting into a stable and large multiplayer server of Avorion.

In the meantime, please check out the Creations Section here in the Forum.

I have posted a few ships myself, but there is a large array of styles from many talented shipbuilders that you can draw your own ideas from.

In the meantime, play safe and GO FOR THE CORE !!

Warr  ;)

Hi, I am a Navy veteran, served in...umm...7 actions? retired E8, coxswain and eventual landing officer for amphibs (IRL). I am an old fart :)

I was hooked on starmade for years, but eventually got tired of building guns. Now I play space engineers, Empyrion, and interstellar rift...building ships, of course.

I build beautiful ships. Not gigantic, not movie or TV show copies, not 5 month projects, but simply medium-sized, beautiful, and highly functional ships.

of course, my vision of a 'beautiful space ship' might happen to strongly resemble the bastard spawn of a natural gas refinery getting gang-banged by a pack of angry 1840's steam shovels, or an x-wing that got pulled through a black hole only to impact a wall at mach 3, but to each their own.

I love exploiting design tools to make the most interesting, functional, and attractive designs I can... and boy do I have fun with Avorion's unique set of ship design tools!

When Koonschi decides to open up the workshop for ship designs, expect to see a LOT of me!

Hello, world!

Am kinda a space sim (and construction, though with my own vision of it (lemme get all the cords and pipes through!!!)) fan and discovered Avorion after the Scott Manley video someone sent me. Never been seriously disappointed by the game so far, and I hope its development will keep it getting increasingly awesome.

Also, I agree. C++ is life.

Hello! I am ultragamer

I found this game from scott manley and thought "pfft staramade ripoff"

but now im here and the game is great!

I want to form a interserver faction-alliance called the Free commonwealth of stars to protect servers from ending up like starmade servers, I.E Dominated. Im organising it as we speak.

Hello, Tank here; don't quite remember how I came upon Avorion or why I decided to get it first rather than Starmade but here I am now having logged a very non-zero amount of hours on the game according to Steam.

But since I'm not on my rig I can't give an exact number just yet. Just that I might have a small addiction problem when it comes to this game. Heh...

Hello, im SinBad. From the looks of it some folks here might know me from the space engineers or ksp forums. I like space games, freelancer was fun but simple, x series was fun but micromanagement tedium, SE, Empyrion and starmade all have their strengths and weaknesses, ksp needs mods to make it complicated enough.

Avorion though, this might be a new favorite. Its paced like freelancer, but has an x series scope. And the building system is hands down the most flexible ive used (i do wish for domes, curves and pillars though). Its fiddly enough to make me leave my calculator on the other screen, but not so complex that i need to break out the spreadsheet, so far. Im about 50 hours in, chasing blue rocks and trying to find somewhere that sells ammunition m...

Having a blast, great game, looking forward to the future.

Hello everyone! I'm Sfinna.

I came across the game via Captain Shack's video back in late January. However, I couldn't afford the game then. I kept my eye on it, until a friend of mine gifted me it yesterday as a early Birthday present!

I've played around 2 hours so far, and it's been an absolute blast. I love it.

So, the game is rather awesome, got some questions and I understand that is really no "Users Guide' to the game yet, other than the foreums, so I have been looking around. About to go post my specific question in another topic.

Oh, and by the way. Hey folks. Glad to be here.

Ghozt  8)

Hi, I'm Faxtroid and I love this game ;D I have 65 hours in one game(one galaxy) where I completed only single quest for artefact, and I'm not bored yet :) But tbh, most of that time was spent building ships that were totally terrible. Also I really like new physics in beta and other features in it.

I am really interested in how this game will develop further.  :)

Hi there,

I'm Tim and came across this awesome game through one of Scott Manley's videos on youtube.

I just had to try it and honestly I pirated the game... Couple of hours later I bought it on steam and I'm hooked ever since.

Good job on the development and best of luck with further expanding this gem.

Hello I'am KooperChaos, someone who loves Sci-Fi no matter if it's a game, a movie or a book. I always had a problem with how most games design space ships (you know like planes and such with a surface smooth as if there was huge aerodynamic drag or something like that in the void) so I alsways wanted to play a game were I can build my own ships the way I want them with a lot of in even surface with giant a bunch of struts holding everything in place.

When Steam showed me the game I was extremly happy finally being able to cross the Galaxy with MY ship! So far no disappointment here keep up the good work and fly save!

Was up everyone and how ya doin I am Hazerden leader of the Hazardous Pirate Hunters we are a group of ruthless Pirate Hunters who will never give up on the goal of destroying all Pirates that live and may ever live for the rest of time. We will never Fall, We will never give up, We shall save the RUM!!!!

"yo ho yo ho blow them Pirates up"