Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Newcomers, introduce yourselves here!

koonschi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Cpt. Metalhead or madman_captain,

I found Avorion 1 or two years ago while I'm searched for an alternative for the X series cause I'm a big X fan but I always wanted my my really own unique ship (something the X series never really could provide for me plus I cant make mods or use a propper 3D programm).

So I searched for games with shipdesign focus and the first one was Starmade, but the current developmend state of Starmade make it only good for designing ships. Then I found Avorion witch make really fun to play but I dosent liked it that couldnt design your own turrets so after some time I went back to Starmade.

Now with the recent turret building update I'm back to build glorious ships with awesome turrets (Ok I personally could need more than 250 blocks for my turrets but hey, I take what I get).

I even stared my own Shipyard thread (https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,5103.0.html)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all I'm fairly new to this game. I was watching shrike gaming's channel in youtube and got hooked to his avorion videos. I've been waiting for it to go sale for 2 months and bought it the second it had 20-25% sale in thanksgiving.

I love avorion so far, tho it is missing few elements, which I really wish or hoping to be implemented.

those missing elements as follows:-

1, cockpit block- I really want to have a 1rst person view so having cockpit block out of every element would be nice.

2, player controlled pilot (this should be in the very far future when this game progress to the point where you can come out of cockpit and use jetpack to fly into other ship or stations you build or npc stations etc. 

3, needs more stunt maneuver hotkeys, (so far I accidently hit keyboard button and ship flips 180 degrees to your 6 o clock) I would like to have more of these to have like loopty loop, and other maneuvers that help you dodge incoming missiles.

those are just few of my ideas for future. 

sorry for the long post, this forum has been good help for me with many guides. thank you all.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks!

I saw an interview on Gamestar with Koonschi and I thought: That´s it! That´s the game I´m looking for! I wanted to wait till the release of 1.0 to get the best experience (Early Access is not my thing), but I couldn´t wait anymore  ;D

So now I´m pretty much addicted.... Thanks for that  ;)

Hi folks!

I saw an interview on Gamestar with Koonschi and I thought: That´s it! That´s the game I´m looking for! I wanted to wait till the release of 1.0 to get the best experience (Early Access is not my thing), but I couldn´t wait anymore  ;D

So now I´m pretty much addicted.... Thanks for that  ;)

Haha, good. Hello.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I've recently discovered Avorion and am enjoying it a lot so far, I'm just... lost in all of the possibilities at hand, so I joined this forum as to see with the community what awesome things I could have missed, to learn tips and tricks and to just get better at the game.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

We hear you Twitcthi :)

New to this game as well, but I set up a LOW.MS server and am playing with old friends.  I am enjoying this game a ton.  As someone else said, all the best parts of Elite and Minecraft with a splash of Privateer/Freelancer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm an old X3 fan from Germany. Discovered Avorion a few weeks ago and have spent quite a bit time in single player so far. I go by Rabiator in the forum but online it will be [116.Windhund] Rabiator. That is my Steam username from the time when I got my first Steam game, a WW2 related shooter.

See you on some EU server soon, preferable a German or English speaking one.

Hi!

I'm Stefan, 42 years, from Germany. I discovered Avorion by reading an article in the magazine c't 12/2020. Thought about it, because it really reminds me to the good old Elite (C64), X - BTF and Minecraft and got... well excited. The best mix of four decades! Since then I'm spending a lot of time into this game.

Keep headbanging! \m/

Edited by Metalmorphosis

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm Darinth. I enjoy playing games, running servers for friends, and programming. Been playing for a few weeks, setup a server after roughly the first week of playing. Having a good time, though I still feel like there are a lot of things that are rough around the edges. Features that seem incomplete or difficult to use. Hope to contribute in some meaningful fashion. Anyways... thanks you reading this. Or not. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Shae. I started playing avorion a month or two ago and I've racked up a whole bunch of hours.

I started on a multiplayer server with friends who were ahead of me, and I've recently made it to the center of the galaxy for the first time.

I just bought the Black Market DLC and I'm excited to try the new fun things!

• 3 months later...

I just realized I might have just made a second account. I've probably been here before but its been a while. Halcyon, I play on a tree cafe server. 
Here's the current ship under construction: My phase V Titan
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2390026182

My current Titan. Full slotted. 400k omicron. Once held off an entire invasion while I was on the can.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2390026148

Current Titan guarding the one under construction:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2390026168

Just bought Black Market. Also discovered that I completely dodged the whole 8 asteroid beamy gate thing by going through a wormhole.

Hi everyone 🙂

I discovered Avorion about a week ago. I really wish I would have
found out about it much sooner!
It is now my favorite space game, of which I own many.
I certainly hope even more DLCs are on the way and that the development continues steadily!

• 3 months later...

Hi all...Jakesan here.65 year-old retired Database Administrator/Manager for NASA/JSC. I love Avorion, but am sick of  the tutorial. I get blown up by pirates, am in my  drone, I try to interact with the station....nada. I have F and T until I'm blue in the face. Has the game been thoroughly tested on an M1 Mac? I am not stupid...SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Er...

6 hours ago, jakesan said:

Has the game been thoroughly tested on an M1 Mac?

If the platform you're running it on is a Mac, something has gone seriously wrong.

I thought that Steam would only allow downloads of Avorion onto Windows operating systems.

In fact, back when I bought this game, I was severely disappointed because I was gaming on a Mac. I bought and paid for it, but just couldn't download it.

HOWEVER - I just checked the Steam store page for Avorion and discovered that as long as you have 

"'

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5 @ 3.0 GHz or AMD equivalent
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 550 or equivalent (full OpenGL 3.0 support required)
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 1 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: Middle mouse button, mouse wheel required. No Internet connection required for Singleplayer

"'

As such, I would suggest the old 1-2-3 of 

1.) Rebooting that save in-game

2.) Using Task Manager to force quit the game and relaunch

3.) Restart your computer

If NONE of those work, then I would sadly recommend you just get a PC.

Hope that helps : /