Smuggler Questline Bug

huckletoon

Okay boys, we have a wee problem.

I'll try to be as comprehensible? as I can. I went to a Smuggler Hideout a while back, talked to the smuggler that's always sitting by the station. I accepted his mission, delivered the shit to Bottan, then got the mail from "A Friend". Went to him, got the shopping list, took a lot of searching but completed the list, and dumbass me clicked "show location" or whatever on the quest menu. It brought me to a section of space in a space-time rip. I thought, "Well shit, better abandon the quest and try again". Well, I did, and redid the delivery to Bottan, and nothing happened. Looked in my mail, found three messages from "A Friend" instead of one (One was the original mail, the other two I don't know). In the mail, duh, shows where the guy is, and this is different from where the "Show Location" button lead me. So I may be screwed.

Koonschi/anyone, is there any way to...re-enable that quest? I really don't want to start a new galaxy all over after spending five hours on building my ship with Xanion.

Apologies for no structure dudes, it's late.

Woooo,

Huckletoon

• Boxelware Team

After doing some investigation it looks like there's a problem with the "Show Location" button and this mission. The good news is: You can keep the goods you've collected, they're the same every time.

You can restart/reset the mission by running these commands in the chat window, in that order:

(If you're in multiplayer you'll need server administrator/mod privileges to do this)

/run Player():setValue("smuggler_letter", nil)
/run Player():removeScript("story/smugglerretaliation.lua")
/run Player():removeScript("story/smugglerdelivery.lua")
/run Player():removeScript("story/smugglerletter.lua")
/run Player():addScriptOnce("story/smugglerletter.lua")

If you don't get any chat feedback from these commands it worked.

This basically erases all previous smuggler-related missions and starts the retaliation mission.

After a few seconds you should receive the mail again (the coordinates will most likely be different from earlier mails) and you can restart the mission.

• 5 years later...
On 10/19/2016 at 2:49 PM, koonschi said:

After doing some investigation it looks like there's a problem with the "Show Location" button and this mission. The good news is: You can keep the goods you've collected, they're the same every time.

You can restart/reset the mission by running these commands in the chat window, in that order:

(If you're in multiplayer you'll need server administrator/mod privileges to do this)

/run Player():setValue("smuggler_letter", nil)
/run Player():removeScript("story/smugglerretaliation.lua")
/run Player():removeScript("story/smugglerdelivery.lua")
/run Player():removeScript("story/smugglerletter.lua")
/run Player():addScriptOnce("story/smugglerletter.lua")

If you don't get any chat feedback from these commands it worked.

This basically erases all previous smuggler-related missions and starts the retaliation mission.

After a few seconds you should receive the mail again (the coordinates will most likely be different from earlier mails) and you can restart the mission.

I have the same problem but the commands above dont work

On 10/19/2016 at 2:49 PM, koonschi said: