are all the ships we see in the menu, loading screens saved somewhere?

coffeekitty

I see a lot of them and they're very very pretty and i want to use them as designs to modify and mess around with

clearly they're saved -somewhere- as they're pulled from something and i don't see them randomly generated, because of constant duplicates

but here are two examples - i really want to know if i can pull these files and create designs out of them, thanks!

0BF8AA74E50088660EF5E0918B67449B905A9AE7

577DED279EF487E201CFFBC97BEFE60564EE5F52

like these two station ships aren't generated by any method i've seen and they're really pretty, i want them lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Perhaps something has changed in this respect to this day.

I will share what I know about the random ships, so you might learn something new.

- You can construct and edit a random ship from a shipyard.

- Pressing F5 in the menu will generate a new random ship. F9 will generate a new background. Some computers require you to press both ‘FN’ + ‘F1-F12’, but you can adjust the computer’s settings.

- You can board and capture spacecraft when the hull HP is >30%, then edit the design. Unfortunately, you can’t repair the spacecraft (broken blocks may not be replaced).

- You’re given a small ship from The Adventurer in a new mission from an update in the past few months.

+ You’re given 5 random ship blueprints if you have none, but FuryoftheStars and I have still received some, haha.

I will share what I know about the random ships, so you might learn something new.

- I think you can build and edit a random ship from a shipyard, but I have not tried this.

- Pressing one of the F1-F12 buttons in the menu will generate a new random ship. Another button will generate a new background. Some computers require you to press both ‘FN’ + ‘F1-F12’, but you can adjust the computer’s settings.

- You can board and capture spacecraft when the hull HP is >30%, then edit the design. Unfortunately, I don’t think you can repair the spacecraft (broken blocks may not be replaced).

- You’re given a small ship from The Adventurer in a new mission from an update in the past few months.

1) Correct.  Each faction has their own style, too, so you'd have to visit multiple factions to look at their styles and see what you like.

2) F5 for generating the ship and F9 for the background.

3) Also correct.  The ships/stations do not remember their actual design from before boarding, in essence "discarding" their broken blocks from the design plan once you capture it.  Unfortuantely, from the amount of damage you have to cause before you can board, and then the amount that's caused during the capture process, this really isn't a viable way, IMO.

Additionally, the devs have made some changes to where you get a small (5?) subset of starter craft to use, though I think they said something about only if you don't already have saved designs.  I think this only applies to the top level folder, though, as I had saved designs and still got these starter ships, but I had created a subfolder and saved my designs in there.

Thank you for confirming, FuryoftheStars. I’ve edited my message.

Here’s exactly what the developers said:

“Players without any saved designs get 5 procedural ship designs of varying size that they can use”

I also received new designs, but I might’ve been in the beta branch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It is totally wonderful that we now have the opportunity after a long time.

Would it also be possible to transfer this to an older version where it still has the old Shiff's generator?

Would be pretty cool.

I still have the version 0.31.2 on which I would like to use this. Maybe someone knows something about this and can help.