Salvaging licence, found a glitch.

Darksat82

Maximum licence time is 60 minutes, I dont want to annoy the locals nor do i want to sit here all day arguing with bits of ships that refuse to be salvaged so I have built worker bee's

I bought 4 licences, after 60 minutes, it expired and totally ignores the multiple licences i bought? If I cant bulk purchase licences, then why do I have the option to buy multiple licences?

Is there a way around this? other than destroying the dock yard.

Did you buy them all at the same time? If so, then it sounds like it's working fine.

If I buy a 60 minute license at 12:00, then two minutes later buy another, I don't have two hours of salvage time but instead two tickets for salvage where one expires at 1:00 and the other at 1:02.

If there were a 60 minute timer on buying a license after you just bought one, then the few seconds it would take to re-purchase another one could severely affect relations if you're using AI salvagers, as they do quite a bit of damage.

You *should* be able to edit the game files to allow for longer times. It looks like lines 194-196 of the scrapyard.lua file in "data\scripts\entity\merchants" is where you can do this, though I'm not 100% sure.

Than ks for the reply friend, I did indeed by them all at the same time and I get what you mean buy they are working in so far as each will start exactly when you purchase it. But shouldn't their be a restriction to prevent a person purchasing multiple licences that overlap each other. i.e. you've bought 1 licence, cannot purchase another for 60 minutes.

Just a thought  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Maximum licence time is 60 minutes

Really? Where does it say that? This caused quite a stir in the office because licenses aren't supposed to expire since the devs thought it would be too annoying... so if they really do, we'll have to fix that. Are you sure about this or did you accidentally move into the territory of a faction for which you don't have a license?

I think a hard restriction on buying another licence before the other has expired would be a bit harsh. A warning of what the consequences will be would be better. At least then you can buy one a few minutes before the old one runs out and no one gets irritated about your independent scavengers' activities. Means the effective length of a licence is, say, 55 minutes, in reality, so your salvaging operations have to pay out that 8% faster to maintain their profit margins*... Or you could have a 5 minute 'grace period' once your licence expires, in which you can buy another to start at the 'anniversary' time so you get the full hour and no comebacks, if you're on the ball about renewing.

* I simplify for effect, ob.

Maximum licence time is 60 minutes

Really? Where does it say that? This caused quite a stir in the office because licenses aren't supposed to expire since the devs thought it would be too annoying... so if they really do, we'll have to fix that. Are you sure about this or did you accidentally move into the territory of a faction for which you don't have a license?

They're actually talking about the salvaging licenses in scrapyards, not the dangerous goods licenses. It seems that thyou can buy multiple instances of the salvaging license, but the time limit doesn't stack and they count down independently from the time they were bought, as explained by:

Did you buy them all at the same time? If so, then it sounds like it's working fine.

If I buy a 60 minute license at 12:00, then two minutes later buy another, I don't have two hours of salvage time but instead two tickets for salvage where one expires at 1:00 and the other at 1:02.

If there were a 60 minute timer on buying a license after you just bought one, then the few seconds it would take to re-purchase another one could severely affect relations if you're using AI salvagers, as they do quite a bit of damage.

You *should* be able to edit the game files to allow for longer times. It looks like lines 194-196 of the scrapyard.lua file in "data\scripts\entity\merchants" is where you can do this, though I'm not 100% sure.