Hyperspace cooldown... Newbie with a headache.

Darksat82

My head hurts, I have spent an hour and crafted a very nice... actually now I look at it I've built an iron c*** and balls * sigh*...

But Its balanced, larger than my previous, twice the size for 3 times the power output.

What I cannot understand for the life of me, is why my hyperspace cooldown has doubled? I've looked around the forums and youtube, people gingerly touch on it but no one explains definitively the mechanics of why a larger ship with superior energy to mass output and superior energy storage, takes longer to recharge the jump drives?  :o

Tips for lowering it welcome. 72 seconds doesn't seem long but when you are system hopping its long enough.

I'm not a pro at this yet, and I may have bad info, but it seems the the cooldown has a lot to do with your recharge rate and your overall energy generation. If it's going slow, build a larger energy pool and or add a module that helps reduce the recharge duration. On large jumps I rarely had more than 20 seconds of cooldown (I'm at the 5th ore right now). 

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will add some better detail.

Hyperspace cooldown is depending on your ships volume or mass. I do not know wich one though... The only way to reduce it is using hyperspace upgrade wich give a bonus on cooldown like "Hyperspace cooldown -20%". If you use many of these you can reach 0 sec cooldown.

Hyperspace cooldown is depending on your ships volume or mass. I do not know wich one though... The only way to reduce it is using hyperspace upgrade wich give a bonus on cooldown like "Hyperspace cooldown -20%". If you use many of these you can reach 0 sec cooldown.

Thank you, God only knows where I will find the chips. I've spent 3 days looking for a scrap yard. Came up empty.

I wouldn't waste your time in scrapyards. Get yourself a decent weapons turret and start killing Pirates and xotan to get lots of upgrades. Once you're in the region of space with the AI that's the best way to get lots of upgrades into you reach the Center (them to back to killing Pirates /xotan).

Thank you, God only knows where I will find the chips. I've spent 3 days looking for a scrap yard. Came up empty.

Also if you are having trouble with combat due to lack of weapons or modules the easy way to gain them is to hang around a sector until pirates/aliens attack and then get close to the action without angering anyone and simply pick them up from these battles.

Honestly, I get the hyperspace cooldown, so people don't burn through the game too quickly, but later on it honestly gets to be a drag. The cooldowns get longer and you have to start stacking mods to get the time reasonable, which detracts from other things. You just have to keep swapping mods around, which isn't fun, it's just tedious after a while.

I think it would be more reasonable to just cap the cooldown time to a max of 30-45 seconds, and to reduce the calculation time as well for longer jumps. Quite frankly later in the game, I spend half of my time tabbed out waiting. It reminds me of EVE where I'd be tabbed out for half an hour waiting for my ship to get somewhere. The question is what gameplay value does forcing me to tab out constantly and find something else to do, while I play your game?

• 1 year later...

Well, be thankful your cooldown is minimal.  For some reason, trying to jump ONE space away from me on the map, I hit the spacebar, tried to jump, and then the screen flashed and told me my hyperspace jump cooldown was 21579284765 (not exaggerating the numbers) remaining.  Talk about a headache.  I don't get what happened.