[MOD] Havoc Mod Pack [ver: 0.12.7]

LordHavoc

Mod file updated and then i'm giving it a rest for a while

Don't use in a server/client situation, it's not tested (unless you want to dabble and try and get it working yourself)

I've updated the link on the original post with a different filename, its no longer called scripts.zip - you still have to install the contents in the scripts folder of your install directory...just line up the files and overwrite

What I've done:

Took a backup of my modded scripts folder to a separate location

Let steam verify install and put the game back to defaults

Used winmerge to compare the differences between default <> modded

Separated the modded files and uploaded em for you to grab

Please note, salvagers are still a bit tricky. But I've fixed the \inv command that comes with the command package so that it'll generate modded turrets (whereas it only used to generate default turrets).

There's some other bits and bobs in that which weren't on the original release. I'm running with complexes and asteroid moving. And there's a load of other tweaks that I can't remember.

Hey guys just trying to help but I've also tried dig in the files and see whats wrong with salvaging lasers but I don't really know but just a thing I thought.. Could the problem be with beam width? or tracking speed? I mean the beams are so BIG

Hey guys just trying to help but I've also tried dig in the files and see whats wrong with salvaging lasers but I don't really know but just a thing I thought.. Could the problem be with beam width? or tracking speed? I mean the beams are so BIG

I wish that the width changes were the cause of the issue. But in testing i had em stripped down to the defaults and still (occasionally) had some turrets that wouldn't work*.

The only theory i have left is that some very subtle math glitch (we're talking small decimals) is throwing off the hit mechanics**

I wish I had more time to look into the [shotCreationPosition] which is a vec3 value. I had this theory that if I could increase the Z-axis origin of the beam a few units further out from the gun centre...then the beam endpoint would also be further out (so it was appear the beam was shooting through the object) -> that would then force the collision and thus the normal damage calc to kick in.

*The issue described is that they appeared to fire and hit wreckage, but no damage was being caused.

**Bit of math: BeamOrigin(x,y,z) -> Target(x,y,z) ....but the target is short by a tiny amount

I went thru turrentgenerator.lua yesterday and kinda fixed it..

I reduced the bwidth and trackingspeed and size to half of what is says in the file and

autofiring the salvaging lasers work for me.. and when firing manually it barely works..

Ye they do work for full range aswell (again on autofire/attack target)

turretgenerator.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do not replace 'crewboard.lua'.

Modify the turretgenerator.lua File

if weaponType == WeaponType.SalvagingLaser then

template.turningSpeed = template.turningSpeed * 3

template.size = template.size * 2

Anything more than '3' speed. It will bug out and not function. Else, it works as intended.

Attached is stock Crewboard and MODIFIED/UPDATED TurretGenerator.luas

https://ufile.io/8hz0j

• 1 month later...

Do not replace 'crewboard.lua'.

Modify the turretgenerator.lua File

if weaponType == WeaponType.SalvagingLaser then

template.turningSpeed = template.turningSpeed * 3

template.size = template.size * 2

Anything more than '3' speed. It will bug out and not function. Else, it works as intended.

Attached is stock Crewboard and MODIFIED/UPDATED TurretGenerator.luas

https://ufile.io/8hz0j

The file is locked? needs primium to access.

• 1 month later...

Love the mod but I am unable to hire any crew from stations. I am a bit stuck till this is fixed.

I found whats causing it, the crewboard.lua file in the modpack seems to be the culprit. Clean your game and install everything but that from the mod pack and it  will fix the game till the issue is fully resolved.