Huge amount of bandwidth used by Steam.exe

Sindroms

Good day, everyone.

I found a few topics like this on Steam, but could not find an appropriate answer as to what I can do as a server host to make the game accessable to my friend, who is stuck in a rural area with an ADSL connection with a rather draconic upload cap.

DOWNLOAD

1.02 Mbps

UPLOAD

0.33 Mbps

^Send help. Preferably by snail mail, might be quicker.

When he connects to my server (Listened), we sometimes encounter an issue where they would see an increase in their internet usage by steam.exe until the ingame de-synchronizes with the host. After this happens, they cannot connect to the server anymore as it takes ages to load.

Since upgrading internet for them is not an option, is there anything I can do as a host to restrict the amount of traffic between me the host and them the client?

I heard fixes for this, something about (if played with 2 players) the host needing to leave the sector and let them connect then, or to host the server with a max player count of 2. It would be nice to hear some sort of tip to at least ''reset'' their situation, if this cannot be fixed. Restarting the server or their game does not fix the issue.

Cheers.

Yes, the machine in question is more than capable enough, just that it happens to be tethered to the rest of the world via a rather limited internet connection.

The SP works perfectly fine, it is the issue as I described it above that is causing the annoyance.