Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Will AI ships pickup drops?

WSY

Hi everyone,

Due to work/life balance being messed up at the moment I have not had a chance to test or experiment; I was wondering if some one else could answer:

So I know we now get 5 sectors that will run depending how many ships or stations are in it. So if I leave a sector protected by a fleet, will the xotan(forget their spelling) or pirates still invade, get blown up by my fleet, then my fleet pick up the modules or weapons if they are close enough?

Thanks!

(Edited because my phone and I are going through a rough patch in our forum posting, and spelling relationship)

I know that, when you're in system, AI salvaging ships will pick up modules/weapons if they pass close enough, but they don't seem to go out of their way to collect them.

But I'm pretty sure they don't get modules/weapons when you're out of system. I've had two out-of-sector salvagers running for some hours and haven't noticed any pickups at times when I wasn't collecting debris myself, but it's at least theoretically possible that I might have just missed it.

So I know we now get 5 sectors that will run depending how many ships or stations are in it. So if I leave a sector protected by a fleet, will the xotan(forget their spelling) or pirates still invade, get blown up by my fleet, then my fleet pick up the modules or weapons if they are close enough?

Well if it's one of the sectors that's up for out of sector simulation, the salvagers should pick up modules/weapons if they are close enough.

But if your fleet is patrolling, they will destroy the invaders but they won't collect the modules. You'd have to have some ships patrolling and some ships salvaging and hope that the salvagers get around to the place where the fight took place...

Or you can come back and pick up the loot yourself.

Does the loot not currently time out when there are no players in the sector?  I've been assuming that if I take an hour or two to return to the sector from halfway across the galaxy, all the loot would have disappeared before I get there.

Does the loot not currently time out when there are no players in the sector?  I've been assuming that if I take an hour or two to return to the sector from halfway across the galaxy, all the loot would have disappeared before I get there.

unfortunately that's true. Sorry didn't think of that  :(