Trading Licenses are broken

Let me start by saying I'm trying to provide constructive criticism. I do think the trading licenses, or perhaps some other way of their having a variety in what goods are "allowed" or not, is a good idea. However, as currently implemented it does not work well.

To use my own case as an example, I'm trying to make a rocket launcher, so I'm carrying some "dangerous" goods. The second I go into any sector, for any reason, that has some kind of combat ship, it hails me, and demands it. I get no chance to go buy the license, I only get "pay the fine and lose your goods, or be considered hostile."

This is not fun, it does not add anything to the game, at least not for something "dangerous" like rockets. I could maybe see this behavior with stolen or illegal goods, like slaves or something, but I still think something needs to be changed. If you simply can't find trading station, you will take a massive hit with that faction.

Furthermore, it would be pretty grand if we could see what a good qualifies for before buying it, as is it only shows in your inventory. Also, some sort of way to know what factions we have what licenses would also be very, very helpful.

I do think this has the potential to add more to the game, but as of now it subtracts more than it adds.

(note, Beta0.12.6 currently)

Connected to the "show legal status before purchase" request, one or more checkboxes for whether to pick up dangerous/illegal cargo in space (similar to the existing one for whether to pick up stolen goods) would be a good thing.  And a way to inspect floating cargo containers to find out what's in them before picking them up would be nice, too.