Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

DEVELOPER-PLEASE READ

CuriousFinger

was doing a 12 hour build and recording it for time lapse over 12,500 blocks. (recording was on D drive) auto save ships in the process my C drive reached capacity and game could not auto save and had a violent crash with an error message stating to contact the developers. it wouldn't tell me what was wrong it just said contact developers and that it had crashed in an "unexpected way" a few crashes later when i figured out it was a maxed C drive and moved some things around works fine now but you should look into this. the crash corrupted 6 hours of my footage and ghosted multiple avorion servers into my task manager. I'm guessing you have not told it what to do if it fails to auto save due to insufficient space hence the freaking out.

At all I am not surprised that files get corrupted when the hard drive runs out of space. A working hardware (that also means free space on hard drive) is always required by the software to work fine.

Not a bug, and no way to restore it, im sorry.

Once I also lost 2 weeks of play time by a maxed hard drive... now I take care that auto backups of the galaxy does not waste too much space (wich took the hdd to 100%, but the admin deleted the backups before we figured out the live galaxy is broken)  ;D Shit happens

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't think it's a bug when you run out of disk space..

ANY game will corrupt if it's a constantly written save file ( i.e. server ) and has no space to write to.

To be blunt also, Avorion isn't exactly a space-heavy game, so really if you're running low on space already, that's a sign you need to move stuff around or upgrade  ;)

If it were to be fixed i think it would have to close the server as soon as the space had run out, but even so, there's stuff that needs to be written when a server is shut down, so it be 50/50 whether or not it still ends up corrupted.

To be blunt also, Avorion isn't exactly a space-heavy game, so really if you're running low on space already, that's a sign you need to move stuff around or upgrade  ;)

The game itself is very small, but save files actually do get quite large in the order of multiple gigabytes. So there is a chance that on smaller SSDs the free space runs out. Especially since the save files are currently limited to the appdata folder, which is located on the C: drive for windows.

The game itself is very small, but save files actually do get quite large in the order of multiple gigabytes. So there is a chance that on smaller SSDs the free space runs out. Especially since the save files are currently limited to the appdata folder, which is located on the C: drive for windows.

That is true, But unless your playing the game for 24 hours straight, it's not gonna go from say 500MB to 2GB heaps quickly.