How to Backup saves?

First let me start with a sorry if there is already a thread about this, I used search and found nothing useful. The search is kind of abysmal, searing "how to backup" and it highlights every instance of the word "to", even within other words; the word "how" in "show", etc.

I see people talk about backing up their save/galaxy (I guess it's the same thing? I could use confirmation). Is it as simple as going to %appdata% and making a copy of the galaxy? I just want to start doing this and making sure I'm doing it right, after a crash that caused an improper save corrupted it beyond all repair.

• 2 months later...

After a lot of thrashing around in Explorer (or whatever W10 calls it these days) I wondered if a more complete path might help someone else find where the Galaxies are saved (at least on my machine)...

[Drive]\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\%galaxyname%

%user% is a placeholder for the user name you're logged on as.

AppData is a hidden folder so you'll need to be showing hidden items to be able to see it.

%galaxyname% is a placeholder for the name of the galaxy as you set it up in the creation dialog in-game.

I assume you have to make a copy of the whole subfolder tree to back up the selected galaxy (or a copy of the whole ...\galaxies\... subfolder tree if you want to make a copy of every galaxy you've created that still exists).