Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

How to Backup saves?

First let me start with a sorry if there is already a thread about this, I used search and found nothing useful. The search is kind of abysmal, searing "how to backup" and it highlights every instance of the word "to", even within other words; the word "how" in "show", etc.

I see people talk about backing up their save/galaxy (I guess it's the same thing? I could use confirmation). Is it as simple as going to %appdata% and making a copy of the galaxy? I just want to start doing this and making sure I'm doing it right, after a crash that caused an improper save corrupted it beyond all repair.

• 2 months later...

After a lot of thrashing around in Explorer (or whatever W10 calls it these days) I wondered if a more complete path might help someone else find where the Galaxies are saved (at least on my machine)...

[Drive]\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\%galaxyname%

%user% is a placeholder for the user name you're logged on as.

AppData is a hidden folder so you'll need to be showing hidden items to be able to see it.

%galaxyname% is a placeholder for the name of the galaxy as you set it up in the creation dialog in-game.

I assume you have to make a copy of the whole subfolder tree to back up the selected galaxy (or a copy of the whole ...\galaxies\... subfolder tree if you want to make a copy of every galaxy you've created that still exists).