[MODs] jasonthebadger's Mod House!

jasonthebadger

MOD 1: Increased Weapon DPS

This Mod raises the MAXIMUM DPS level of Weapon Turrets ( Both custom made and loot drops ).

The starting/outer sectors will contain turret drops of between 0 and 950DPS and with the Avorion area drops up to 6500DPS, This Mod also raises Mining Turrets with the starting sectors/outer sectors ( including your starter Turrets ) having a DPS 0-30. Although i have noticed that the starter Mining Turrets will be pretty much guaranteed 30DPS or thereabouts.

The Mod does not affect enemies DPS. 

MOD 2: Increased Mining DPS

If your anything like me the one thing i don't like about Avorion is the Mining, It just takes too long to break down Asteroids.

This Mod aims to fix just that, Now Mining Turrets can be found with 0 up to 3500DPS from the start ( With even more as you get closer to the core ). With your starting Turrets getting the full 3500DPS so you can really attack those Asteroids!

The Mod does not affect enemies DPS.

--------------Installation-----------------

1. Choose the Mod you want from the two options, They both replace galaxy.lua so you cannot have both.

2. Unpack and replace galaxy.lua ( found in \avorion\data\scripts\lib ) DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR EXISTING .LUA

3. ????

4. PROFIT!

Thanks to Laserzwei for his OP weapons mod for inspiration and also for helping me out :)

------------Additional Question for those who know!-------------------

Eventually I want to make more balanced versions of these, Anyone know if lowering maximum tech levels will make turrets more likely to overheat and for longer/less efficient/use more power etc?

Basically i want the third iteration to be more of a tradeoff of DPS v Power/Overheat etc

Increased_Mining_DPS.zip

Increased_Weapon_DPS.zip

• 3 weeks later...

New Mod!

This mod multiplies the vanilla ( Mining and Weapon ) DPS by 10, however, it now also increases the tech level by 10.

This means that not only could the potential of range and efficiency increase but also the level of energy usage and overheat factors.

This is an effort to balance the OPness of the mod out, as now you will have to make smarter weapon choices, especially at lower levels of the game.

I'll also make custom versions of this mod for those who request it, for example, Mining DPS only, Weapons only, No tech increase etc etc.

This mod has been tested in the Alliance update but SHOULD work on at least the previous version ( no guarantees though )

--------------Installation-----------------

1. Unpack and replace galaxy.lua ( found in \avorion\data\scripts\lib ) DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR EXISTING .LUA

2. ????

3. PROFIT!

Balanced_Increased_Mining-Weapon_DPS.zip

• 3 months later...