Server lag (faction attacks)

Im running a server that is fairly active average 8 players goes up to about 12 or more during busy hours, if anyone anywhere gets in a system with a faction attack everyone cant even do the most basic of tasks. it is really diminishing the game for my players and myself, it is not my server done everything under the sun to make sure it was not. is there anything i can do to make this issue better?

You can disable/nerf faction wars in the scripts, also another ways to smoothen things out.

The MP scripting isn't optimised for 10+ players at all, heck even some scripts give 1.5x multiplier for spawns for every extra player in a sector while the whole server still needs to wait for that slowed down sector to update.

You can disable/nerf faction wars in the scripts, also another ways to smoothen things out.

The MP scripting isn't optimised for 10+ players at all, heck even some scripts give 1.5x multiplier for spawns for every extra player in a sector while the whole server still needs to wait for that slowed down sector to update.

lol great idea... never thought about that. Just gave it a try, I hope it works.

Beg pardon, but what's the steps involved in disabling faction wars? Don't get me wrong, I think they're a fun mechanic, but they're really beating up our server performance right now. :/