Fighter "blueprint" system. Allow fighter to be rebuilt after destroyed

nutnnut

Suggestion

Just an idea on how to design/create as well as replace destroyed fighters. Sorry if this has been suggested already.

What i came up with is reusable "weapon blueprint". Similar to how you never lose your turrets when your ship is destroyed, you should never permanently lose your fighters' weapon.

Combine your fighter design and a fighter weapon blueprint to create a fighter blueprint that you can assign to a squadron.

However 1 blueprint can only be used to build 1 fighter at a time to prevent it being too overpowered (1 legendary drop and you are end-game)

How to make a fighter

1. Design a fighter.

2. Find Fighter weapons blueprint by killing enemies / buying from equipment docks

3. Add a new fighter tab, combine one of your fighter design with a weapon blueprint to create a "Fighter Blueprint"

4. Assign the Fighter Blueprint to a squadron

5. Greyed out fighter are not yet build / destroyed, click on it to build. (cost materials)

6. Fighter get destroyed, they turn grey and can be rebuilt. Profit :D

Bonus: A mechanics to prevent tiny, fast, hard to shoot glass cannons.

1. Fighter's volume define the "capacity" of the fighter, higher tech weapons require more capacity similar to how higher tech turrets are bigger and require more gunners.

2. Add "Weapon Systems" block to increase capacity similar to ship's Computer Core.

3 answers to this suggestion

This could, in essence, be implemented as it's own Factory, therefore clearing up any of the issues you've listed below.

Though that would also be a fun thing; Mobile Factories. I mean, we already have the Salesman-class of vessels and point-of-purchases, so why not put it in the player's hand too; provide enough power and the correct components, and you can effectively manufacture your Fighters on the fly!

Just an idea on how to design/create as well as replace destroyed fighters. Sorry if this has been suggested already.

What i came up with is reusable "weapon blueprint". Similar to how you never lose your turrets when your ship is destroyed, you should never permanently lose your fighters' weapon.

Combine your fighter design and a fighter weapon blueprint to create a fighter blueprint that you can assign to a squadron.

However 1 blueprint can only be used to build 1 fighter at a time to prevent it being too overpowered (1 legendary drop and you are end-game)

How to make a fighter

1. Design a fighter.

2. Find Fighter weapons blueprint by killing enemies / buying from equipment docks

3. Add a new fighter tab, combine one of your fighter design with a weapon blueprint to create a "Fighter Blueprint"

4. Assign the Fighter Blueprint to a squadron

5. Greyed out fighter are not yet build / destroyed, click on it to build. (cost materials)

6. Fighter get destroyed, they turn grey and can be rebuilt. Profit :D

Bonus: A mechanics to prevent tiny, fast, hard to shoot glass cannons.

1. Fighter's volume define the "capacity" of the fighter, higher tech weapons require more capacity similar to how higher tech turrets are bigger and require more gunners.

2. Add "Weapon Systems" block to increase capacity similar to ship's Computer Core.

I like this idea, but would there be a way to remove a blueprint off a fighter body, if you got a better one?

This is now in the official roadmap! :D

https://avorion.gamepedia.com/Roadmap

Fighter Rework

Fighters are no longer actual fighters, but blueprints

Fighters are produced on the ship, costing resources

Building your own fighters: Combine a turret with a model from your hard drive to create a new fighter blueprint

Whether or not this was taken from my suggestion, I am very happy to see this :D

Much respect for the dev team, Thank you.