Simple player.dat editor.

Grandirus

Hi. I have made an editor to work with Avorion player_1.dat files.

It will load the saved galaxies automatic. (if you have not started the game at last one time, the save folders will not be created. So, start the game first)

After select the galaxy name, you can change resources and money.

It will show your home location and your current location.

If you load a saved galaxy that are played multiplayer, it will only load the player_1.dat file.

You can make a backup of your galaxy before make any changes.

The backups are in "C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\Avorion".

There's a font file included in the zip file, that will make the program font look like avorion font.

Well, sorry about my bad english.

Try it out.

Any sugestions, post here.

Bugs or errors, post here.

Anything else, post here.

:P

• 5 months later...

Hi. Long time ago, I created an editor for Avorion save files.

But, with the game updates, they changed the way that the game save files, and so, I need to change some parts of the editor.

I'm work on it right now, and soon I will post it in the MOD section.

Dirtyredz has some experience with uncompressing the data files as we use it in his manager so you can look there or ask him about it.

What I am curious about these files is if it would be possible to find the locations of the players/alliance ships so that lost ships might be found back after a server crash.

Other things that could be useful are map locations, or those with notes and the mails send/received.

What I am curious about these files is if it would be possible to find the locations of the players/alliance ships so that lost ships might be found back after a server crash.

With a hexadecimal editor, it's easy to find. You need the player name and the location will be near the name.

I'm still need the codes to umcompress, edit and compress it again.

• 6 months later...

any update on this??

any link?

i dont see any link...

iam trying to change my save's galaxy .. and it works but then the map remains, i wanna reset the map

Sorry. Because they use compressed saves now, I can't find a way to edit the files.

• 5 years later...
On 6/14/2018 at 5:32 PM, Grandirus said:

Sorry. Because they use compressed saves now, I can't find a way to edit the files.

You just skip the first 46 bytes from any binary file, and feed the rest to zlib inflate algorithm. The upacked files are binary but very simple to understand: they look like key-value pairs storage, e.g. `money64` key is your credits amount and `resources640` though `...646` hold the number of minerals.

Haven't tried to save those values, compress them and try to load from game, however.