Parts Appearing/Disappearing, Targeting [r8487]

Doc Savage NDMF

A number of oddities with regard to salvage and mining.

--Had an instance of hitting an invisible asteroid. Turned around and mined it as I could see the sparklers, but not the rock. (not sure if I got all of it) This was an asteroid that split apart, one of the chunks became invisible.

--Multiple issues with ships that appear there but aren't. This has two sub headings:

----Ship really isn't there, the graphics just haven't caught up. The parts stay until everything gets wiped but you can't do anything to them.

----The ship IS there but the Salvage Laser targeting is off. This is new, if you target a row of blocks over or down the laser magically connects and you get your damage output. Visually the laser is hitting when on the part, but damage only happens if you aim below or off to the side. This does not happen every time. (manually targeted laser)

--Ship parts magically appearing after it comes apart when salvaging. This one is also new. Many instances of a ship breaking up and the parts appearing after I've finished what's visible.

--Ship parts being indestructible. This doesn't seem to be an issue with draw updates. The parts literally won't be damaged even though the laser is obviously hitting the part. Un-Targeting can actually allow some pieces that won't damage to take damage. It's only when a piece is specifically targeted that it acts indestructible. You can fly away, target something else, salvage it, fly back, target again and the piece still won't take damage. Come back and not target the piece and sometimes it takes damage now.

--Targeting seems worse the closer you get. I'm wondering if this is intentional to help the AI not get bound up or fixated on targets that get too close..?

--Had ship builder issues with pieces I deleted changing texture and then refusing to leave the room. Required a quit to the main menu and a galaxy reload to correct.

Cheers..!

clientlog_2017-06-13_06-04-16.txt

clientlog_2017-06-13_02-25-52.txt