Dirty Server Manager, A Linux Server Manager, [Alpha, v1.2.3]

Dirtyredz

*grovel*  You are awesome!!!!

I am thumbing through your tar.gz and looking at what you have.  My server already has everything installed through the Centos Web Panel. (http://centos-webpanel.com/) and I am looking at what I can pull out of it to run without the need to install, Php, MySQL, Apache etc.

Your web interface for Avorion is down right amazing, and you will find this old guy an avid supporter. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dirty Server Manager ROCKS!  I know.. that is punny, but it does!  We are using DSM on our dedicated server specific for Avorion.

A great many thanks go to Dirtyredz for all of his extensive assistance with this install.  We would not have this working so perfect without him.  I am honored to now be one of his Patrons.

Bill Sr.

Releasing Version 1.2.2

fixed Player data retrieval script, was not getting all players
fixed Alliance data retrieval script, was not getting all alliances
added 3 options to the install script, StopWait,SaveWait, and StopDelay, that was previously missed in last update
player,alliance, and group scripts now use variables passed by the manager script
**update_manager now uses the same script for editing configs via web interface, the script will re add any missing comments and any missing options to the configs
Restart command now displays a message between stopping and Starting
removed password lockout on server config editor. (until I settup password protection on installation)
Added DeletePlayer button in console.(server needs to be offline)
Added -v option to start-web script, will output more information when failing to start webserver
Fixed bug when using the -d and -b options "DynamichEcho not found"
**Note:
when you update to this version, youll still be using the old Update_manager script, the updated script wont take effect until the next update for you.

MAKE SURE YOU REVIEW BOTH manager-config.ini and PHPConfig.ini, and remove any leading + symbols, this patch fixs this issue, so future updates will no longer make your configs look like shit.

Im expecting another DSM within a few days, as Avorion has announced an upcoming patch to the game, which will include RCON interface.

Using RCON I can have a more reliable commands interaction with the console,

Accurate number of online players on the home screen,

less dependancy on a specific apache module.

Avorion hasnt released anything more as to whats in the update, as soon as it comes out I will be working on it. So I can push another DSM update ASAP.

if you update it, update the manager as well

i edited mine because it still shows 1.2.1 (line 63 of manager)

edit: its funny, it says on line 62 this: # Static - Dont change these

perhaps it is for everyone including you? :P

Yeah, I foolishly forgot to update the value before i pushed the update.

• 3 weeks later...

Dirty Server Manager Updated to version 1.2.3

Supports @avorion  0.14 r9252, server.ini options

Check It Out: https://github.com/dirtyredz/Dirty-Server-Manager

Updated Server.ini default config options
Removed Enablerestart command
changed disablerestart command to work properly with how the auto restart cronjob works
new disablerestart feature, ./manager disablerestart 30 this will stop current restart sequence, and re start the sequence for 30 minutes.
apache_install will now properly stop galaxies running php webserver.
fixed error message in stop-web when php_server is not running
apache_intaller will now place backups config files prior to modifying the configs.
fixed manager always saying its out of date
help command now displays all available commands in the manager/ directory, with descriptions of each.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Do I need to do something different to install mods?

I am using Alpha Carrier Commands on my dedicated windows server and I can use it fine in multiplayer.  But it does not seem to work when using it on my dedicated Linux server.

Kind Regards

Rueful

How to install on Windows Server?  :D

unfortunettly DSM doesnt support windows YET

Im currently working on the next major release of DSM (2.0.0) Which will have windows support, aswell as support a wider range of linux repos.

Sounds very good. The Webinterface Features are very nice. Iam looking forward to use it  ;D

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I LOVE your server manager!

I decided to rebuild my linux server and use yours.

Everything works great, except that the game description in browser still shows "An Avorion Server" rather than the text I put in my server.ini

Also - the big issue is that web doesnt work.

I installed PHP and apache with your commands in your first post, everything is fine.

I opened all ports as listed using UFW.

However I get the message below when trying to start webserver with ./manager start-web:

[Manager]: starting PHP Server
[Manager]: PHP Web Server Failed to start

Would love to use the web interface!

Let me know if you know whats wrong....should I check anything else on server to give you status eg on apache etc? Looks all fine to me though....

Also - I just tried to connect to the server and I get:

"Server connection to XXX:27000 failed. Unreachable"

Cant seem to fix it. Turned off firewall (UFW). netstat -tulpen shows gameserver on ports 27003, 27020, 27021 but no connections on 27000 (no players connected though and I'm sure thats normal as player connection comes in at 27000 and the others are query).

I can connect fine to other servers - so its not my computer/network.

Dont have any idea how to fix this. Cant find anything searching the net and forums. Any help appreciated. Something I should check?

I'm running a linux ubuntu 16.x server remotely.

Web server will still not load no matter what I try.

Ports are open, even with firewall off/disabled still doesnt work.

Server log says:

2017-12-02 06-25-01| Printed profiling stats to "/home/avorion/serverfiles/profiling_stats.txt"
2017-12-02 06-25-01| Profiling is disabled, no sector profiling stats printed. Enable profiling in server.ini.
2017-12-02 06-25-01| Printed profiling stats to "/home/avorion/serverfiles/workerpool_profile-20.html"
2017-12-02 06-25-51| OnP2PSessionRequest from 76561198038515973
2017-12-02 06-26-06| Client 76561198038515973 lost connection

Small update: using "--use-steam-networking 0" allows me to connect to the server just fine using connect via IP. this means it wont show up in browser list however.

Anyone having similar issue? What is the fix?

I installed everything clean - on a new server - and its just not working with the steam networking.

Server log says "Connected to Steam successfully" at the end.

• 3 months later...

Im currently working on the next major release of DSM (2.0.0) Which will have windows support, aswell as support a wider range of linux repos.

Any new infos about that?

Any new infos about that?

not much yet im afraid, im half way done with it but got slammed with work.

I got the problem that the Server Manager installs the Beta branch of Avorion (0.16.7.11165), but while the installation of DSM i have selected to install the stable branch.

To check if it was my failure, i installed another linux machine from ground up and the DSM too, but on this brand new machine too, it installs the Beta-server.

EDIT:

If i install the avorion-server from hand, without DSM, it chooses the stable branch. So it's a problem with the DSM, not with steamcmd.

• 1 month later...

Same for me. It installed beta.

Also I have attached the commands for the firewall. Using ufw on ubuntu 16.04.

Before we begin please make sure you know what you are doing with ufw. If you are unsure please google it.

(if using ssh to login. If port is different use your port number instead of ssh example: sudo ufw allow 220)

sudo ufw allow ssh

Copy and paste the following:

sudo ufw allow 27000/udp && sudo ufw allow 27000/tcp && sudo ufw allow 27003/udp && sudo ufw allow 27020/udp && sudo ufw allow 27020/tcp && sudo ufw allow 27021/udp && sudo ufw allow 27021/tcp && sudo ufw allow 8080/tcp

use only if apache/ssl

sudo ufw allow 443/tcp

Enable UFW

sudo ufw enable

verify that everything looks good

sudo ufw status

• 2 months later...

I have found a work around to fix the issue with the server forcing BETA. Before using ./manager install you will need to manually edit the manager-config.ini and change the beta to false. Then you can continue to follow the directions to install the server.

• 4 weeks later...

Im currently working on version 2.0 which will fully support windows/linux/mac.

its a complete rewrite of the base framework of the site, which will make for easier maintainability and easier installation.

If your looking to drop any suggestion for the next version or to get the latest news on DSM join us on discord: https://discord.gg/52YZMPt