Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Patch 0.12 (Alliances) now available on the beta branch!

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

The time has finally come! The patch for version 0.12 is now officially available on the beta branch! We want to use the time on the beta branch to find errors and bugs to ensure polish for when the update comes to the default branch.

PLEASE NOTE: The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors. Use at your own risk!

WARNING: The current version is INCOMPATIBLE with your latest save files. WE WILL ADD BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY to existing saves during the week to ensure that you can use your old saves. You will be able to use your old saves once the update is live on the default branch.

You can find the full patch notes here:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/445220/announcements/detail/1316588270895403776

Thanks for testing and have fun!

Heya!

Thanks for the long-awaited update! I have a question though. The patchnotes gave me the impression that this update comes with the first iteration of the out of sector updates. Is that correct? I did a simple test of assigning a miner to mine and then left the sector, and as I did so resource stopped rolling in. Maybe I misunderstand what it does?

I tried this in a new single player game.

Edit: the result on a multiplayer server hosted by me is the same.

Heya!

Thanks for the long-awaited update! I have a question though. The patchnotes gave me the impression that this update comes with the first iteration of the out of sector updates. Is that correct? I did a simple test of assigning a miner to mine and then left the sector, and as I did so resource stopped rolling in. Maybe I misunderstand what it does?

Are you subscribed to the beta branch patches? Is your server set to take them too?

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1757.0.html

If you've already done that make sure you're running patch Version 0.12 not Version 0.11 which is for the current stable release

Played some hours yesterday and my impressions are:

The Good

- VERY short load time between jumps :) Exploring the galaxy is real fun now.

- MUCH better performance!! Jumpt into several war-zones and it was absolut no problem! The other guys of the server didn't even notice when I jumped into wars. Well, enemys are much more dangures now as they actual hit without lag *g*. GREAT!

Maybe we can see 50+ player servers now.

(antoher perfomance boost could maybe be to auto-remove all super small wrack debris smaller then 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5. One is no problem, but with time the galaxy has trillions of them which all need RAM)

- New search options for galaxy and inventory are realy cool and helpfull!

The Bad

- This new weapons destroyed all pritty ship-build :(.

The front of my Space Taxi is made out of ~1000++ small pices and EVERY fight I have to repair the hole front. The most playeble build is now > one ugly big fat armoured block :(.

I understand that shield had been to strong. But implementing a weapon which randers shields uselss is not the way to go  :(.

My sugestions to solve this:

- reduce max shield pen changs to 35% for legendary weapons. Still as fixed bonus! Just lower.

- reduce the bonus gained from shield-systems from 160% (or what is max now) to 60%.

Steps could be from trash>legendary max 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60%.

(- OR remove the ability to stack them (unique peer ship), but not nerf+unique! that would be overkill again)

- reduce the shield-gain from blocks peer m³.

This way shields aren't as strong as before but still provide a good level of protection.

PS:

- the visibility for marking Inventory as "Trash" isn't good :(. When I first tryed this new funktion (which is cool in general!) I nearly destroyed my very best items!!

PPS: you should realy fix the weapon-faktory bug wher player can build 11.000 DPS weapons with 15km range before you start balancing weapons.

Here is a MOD/FIX link: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=1984.0

Heya!

Are you subscribed to the beta branch patches? Is your server set to take them too?

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1757.0.html

If you've already done that make sure you're running patch Version 0.12 not Version 0.11 which is for the current stable release

Yeah, I am running 0.12 r8487

Tried to make a new game again, created a small miner with a captain, set it to mine. For as long as I am inside the sector it works like a bee, but when I jump out I no longer see increase in resources. Do you get different results?

I have the same issue as Inspired. Perhaps i misunderstood what the new developments around the out-of-sector updates were meant to do. I i was under the impression that i could set up some little mining ships and go adventuring and basically have that income coming in at all times, which i think would be super neat. But maybe what gets updated in the sector is not the ships but maybe the factories & mines keep running or something? Some clarification would be great!

WARNING

This version has a serious glitch with selling items so watch out with installing this on a MP server!

It totally destroys the economy and requires a fix by Koonschi.

Basically what happens is that the glitch happens while buying/selling items, something goes wrong and you end up with the max amount of credits.

We found that the normal way of retracting the amount of credits does not set the player back to it's original value, whenever the player buys again the glitch happens again.

The out of sector mining not working is definitely a bug.

I'm at work now so i can't test it, but i realized i never actually checked the resource value in the top-left of the screen, i just wasn't seeing the little bottom-right "+X Naonite" pop up. It occurs to me that the mining could very well have been working but i wasn't being notified.

• 3 weeks later...

A little feedback regarding alliance mechanics and what should be added.

1. If you are flying an alliance ship and you are managing automated miners and savagers that are also alliance ships, you get no notifications on the bottom right of the screen of what its mining or picking up.

2. You cannot see the health of your automated alliance ships in space, you must select the ship to see its health bar.

3. You can not enter the build menu from Alliance > Ships menu, or from space. You must enter the alliance ship to repair or modify it.