Few newbie questions

Altissimus

Been playing a couple hours or so.  Mined a lot of asteroids, found a small amount of titanium, built a couple of generators and integrity field generators.  Laid some iron armour over the top.

Got into a fight, seemed to be going ok, then <boom>...a generator went, and I'm dead.  The integrity field generator was still fine, the armour over the top was still in place - what happened??

Got a message saying my stuff was still by the wreckage.  Went back to that sector (first one I'd visited past home start area) and...well, needle in a haystack.  How do I find my wreckage?

Also, on another note, the "you've paid your crew" notice seems to be their permanently.  And on that point, how can I see how much I will pay them and when it happens next?  I've set it to auto-pay, but I'd like to know when it will happen so I have enough cash.

Cheers,

A

• 2 weeks later...

Forums are much less active since Uni/College/school rush has passed, recent lack of updates and the fact that most English YouTubers have moved on at the moment.

With that said:

- wrecks: hard to find unless you remember being near something noticeable.

- crew pay: as you said, you probably know the answer to this one, as it is in a tab of one of the menus. Not exactly that hard to find, although I will concede it's not exactly under bright neon lights.

- Why you blew up? Well, you probably took more damage than your ship can take. Not sure what you expected there.