Some EVE-Online ships I've pieced together

ConAnd81

Got tired of my lousy imagination when building ships, so I decided to plagiarize instead. Was pretty pleased with the results --some of them at least(the ones I post here)-- and thought someone else might enjoy my blood, sweat and tears... thusly I found and appeared on this forum. With that said, lets get down to business, first up is...

ORCA

kbGBHLll.jpg

Created this as to be my mothership of sorts, mainly for hauling cargo and having a decent jump range, but it

has the quite sizable hangar as well, so it's not a sitting duck even if you only have Cargo Upgrades in all slots.

Download

Its current config will net you something in the ballpark of 250k Iron, 66k Titanium, 582k Nanoite, 47k Trinium and 5.7M Credits. The crew will cost a bare minimum of around 250k, but you'll probably want some extra engineers(for a tiny, but needed, speed boost) and a couple of fighter pilots and a captain, so it will more likely be above 300k.

[spoiler=More Orca pictures]

fqrUJZSh.jpg

cH0aS3ih.jpg

dbsWQI1h.jpg

2ttgwme.gif

As you can see, the acceleration is abysmal, but I kind of like it that way. The boost is thusly not that great either, but the power generation allows for ample playroom, so boost away. I usually use the booster when I need to drastically alter my trajectory(sharp 90° turn or above) when darting around pirates and what not, but obviously I found that to be useless with this ship. Instead I found the ample inertia dampeners to be of more help here; so just let go off the controls(WASD) and allow the ship to slowdown to about 100~200m/s before you start to boost in the direction of your choice. #ProTip

[spoiler=Orca, Extended description(mostly narcissistic stuff)]

I initially was planning on doing the Charon --which admittedly would've been significantly easier on my nerves-- it certainly looks the part if you want an epic grand hauler, but I realized I couldn't afford it outside of creative mode, at least not the size I wanted to build it in. So I decided to make the Orca instead (not sure if it's that much smaller though, tried to find length-data on them, but I couldn't find any), it does not give off an as epic feeling IMO, but is quite pleasing to the eye on the other hand.

Regarding the speed, you could upgrade the engines to get a smidge more acceleration since I've only installed Iron Engines(only to replicate the real in-game exhaust color), but since there's not a lot of them to begin with, I don't think it will make much of a difference. I tried to jam-pack as many engines in there as I could while sticking to the ships original dimensions, but it still ended up being woefully insufficient... could possibly combat this another smidge by exchanging all armor to hull, would be quite the undertaking though, but it just might make the ship look better without the camo-pattern all over, hm...

Also, if anyone could explain it to me(maybe PM me if you know), I don't know why the roll is so high? I understand the ship is thin and long, which hampers pitch and yaw, but I have no gyros dedicated to rolling in there at all, and the thrusters never add all that much to roll. But when I added gyros for pitch, it hardly gave any pitch at all --it's a long ship, so not that strange-- but in addition to the meager pitch, it gave more than 3 times as much in roll... WTAF, is this intended or am I just stupid? A Gyro for rolling gave me zero pitch btw, none of this makes any sense to me.  ???

And as some have probably noticed, I have taken me some artistic licence when building the ship, mostly due to limitations in modeling with 'blocks' and me being lazy(yes, I know the text on one of the containers is mirrored; you fix it!), but also, much of the ship is just plain grey, which is just a bit too boring IMO, just putting it out there.

Also, for those interested, I have the setup I made for myself. Since the ship still came out pretty expensive for where I am in my galaxy(recently found nanoite), I made a modular design, where you could bolt on the side-mounted cargo containers later on as you could afford it, see the spoiler for further explanation:

[spoiler=Orca modular design]

As you can see in the picture I striped it of all six of the large cargo containers and made a separate ship out of it. When you want to add the containers to the ship, I recommend you first create one container in Creative Mode and save them as a template. When adding the template container to the ship, you could pick any material you think fits your wallet, but I would recommend nanoite; this will leave the armor as titanium and have all internals as nanoite besides the hangars, which needs at least trinium. Trinium would be fine as well if you can afford it, but if you pick any higher material than that, then the textures are so wonky it's just gonna look weird, but if you don't mind, go for it.

When adding the container-template to the ship, you want to select one specific block to align the template around(hold Alt and select with mouse), specifically one of the two red blocks shown in this picture:

G3aC3YMm.jpg

You then change snapping to "Block Middle", then you attach the container to the end of this specific block I have selected in the corresponding anchor-point:

jNut7D5m.jpg

(yeah, it's kinda hard to see, it's the middle one of those three protruding 'bolts' in the anchor-point)

Each of the containers are quite expensive and quite the substantial upgrade to the stripped down ship. Since the containers shape is pretty basic, it was really easy to sandwich in a lot of extra components into it. It's practically over three times as many components in there as would otherwise be allowed if you didn't overlap the blocks... it's a little hackish, but I don't think it's game-breaking. I have been immensely appreciative of the game allowing me to overlap blocks a little when designing this ship, would've been an absolute nightmare otherwise.

HgsoESQ.gif

Download Stripped down Orca.

3ZYjnPp.gif

Download Cargo container.

NAGA

Pp8JbQEl.jpg

This was created as a late/mid-game powerhouse, but probably isn't since I haven't tested it outside of creative.

Anyhow, I still think it should last ya quite far into the game, I'm rather pleased with the stats and maneuverability

I achieved with it.

Download

The meterial cost is pretty stiff since I used xanion for all the generators and trinium for armor, so it comes down to 62k iron, 67k trinium, 232k xanion and 3.7M credits. You could build it in creative and make a template out of it, then pick a lower tier material when creating it in your game. The crew cost comes down to around 100k with gunners and a captain, a little more if you want some pilots for the small hangar-bay.

[spoiler=More Naga pictures]

1pZgO8dh.jpg

0olUr3Ph.jpg

hzNKdEMh.jpg

M4UaSa1h.jpg

7KqUKvh.gif

As I said, pretty pleased with the stats, maybe a little low on thrusters, especially the reverse thrust, it's actually rather abysmal. Which might be why the captains decide to drive the ship at a paltry 30m/s when there's asteroids and other stationary objects nearby... rather silly if you ask me, the break thrust is more than ample for the 200m/s that seems to be the AIs top speed regardless of the ships specifications.

[spoiler=A petty side note]

I cannot build this ship in my game as of now, as I created it to prove a friend of mine wrong. He had played this game for awhile and suggested I'd join him and play in his game, he already had two stations, one for mining and one producing glass. I don't know if he did it to be cheap, but he always said he was broke, so he could never give me any resources or credits, but seeing as that's how he is economically irl, I guess it makes sense(yeah, this miffs me AF). Although, he then later went about to brag how big and glorious his newly upgraded ship was, and how he had 100k shields, 3000 omicrons in firepower and laughed about how massive it was since he could hardly stop with it, that was how "epic" it was. I then pointed out that he just needs to equip it with more Inertia Dampeners, as they are more effective than thrusters at stoppning your ship. Oh, but no, 'I didn't understand', his ship was a 'massive' 200kT(or somthing, don't remember), he then chuckled demeaningly, like as if I was the idiot. Then, after a while(say, after five waves of pirates), he got bored helping me and another buddy of ours with grinding pirates for turrets and upgrades, as we both where basically stuck with our 'tiny' titanium ships with 200 omicrons for me and 700 from my other pal. So he darted away to seek glory elsewhere. Later we found out he hade taken a miner in tow and was now mining xanion and had already gotten a decent amount of trinium, he implied he was going to share, which I did not take for granted even when he said it, was probably going to end in a classic "oh, I spent it all." I later decided I was going to build myself a new ship in creative mode, partly because I needed a new ship, and partly because I wanted to prove to my friend that you could build a large ship with a decent brake thrust, and seeing as I didn't take his trinium and xanion for granted I planed to make the Naga primarily in titanium and nanoite. The next day, when he asked how it was going, during the discussion I divulged the materials I was planing to use, to which he laughed demeningly and said I was never going to make it anywhere if I did. To which I said nothing and started to make everything in xanion and trinium, planing to see if he was really going to share or not. Sadly he stopped playing long before I finished the ship.

Sorry for that, I just need a bit of catharsis.

CORMORANT

ZCCbWcHl.jpg

The first ship where I really tried to copy an Eve ship using a reference(still applied ample artistic licence I might add),

and I didn't do in creative --which you should, to save them credits-- consequently it's a pretty decent starter ship,

as I had to stick to my budget.

Download

As I said, it's pretty affordable at 5456 iron, 13249 titanium and 100k credits. At a bare minimum crew will cost 4500 credits, but with gunners, sergants and --possibly later-- a captain you'll net around 10k-15k credits.

[spoiler=More Cormorant pictures]

tL68un9h.jpg

8m2gNm7h.jpg

42cySDf.gif

There are no shields on it since I had not found nanoite yet, but all outer blocks are at least hardened, if you want shields you can easily use the 'Transform Block Tool' yourself or download the variant in the spoiler below where I've done so myself. Not much else to add, I know break thrust and roll is pretty bad, but at least it's not abysmal as the Orca's thrust. Oh yeah, backwards, strafe and up 'n down thrust is pretty abysmal, since I hardly added any thrusters at all, but it's usually not a big problem, but if you plonk a captain in there the AI usually don't handle it too well, sadly.  :-\

[spoiler=Shielded Cormorant variant]

D1dGism.gif

Nothing too fancy, replaced some of the outer armor blocks to add about 3.5k shields, it will serve you well enough for a while, as long as you don't try to rush ahead too far. If you want to mount nanoite turrets I trust you can transform some blocks from titanium to nanoite yourself.  ;)

Download

PS. Just preemptively, I don't do requests, so please don't ask me to make a ship for you. I only do ships I'll use for my own game-play, so please be content with that I at least share the ones I've made, as I have no aspirations to "Make Them All!" Sorry(no, I'm not Canadian) if I'm thwarting someone or if you think I'm stating the 'obvious'... just deal with it, ok. 8)

Hey, glad to hear you guys liked 'em. :D

@DerpSuper++ Would you call someone that stenciled a Rembrandt(I know, you don't stencil a Rembrandt, but you know what I mean) a great artist? ;)

But thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.  ;D

Btw, while on the subject of stenciling, does anyone have the' Ore Venture' model in.obj-format(.3ds could work as well)?

No textures are necessary.

I've been looking all over the web for it, can't seem to find it.

If someone has the game and some savy, they could extract it from the game for me, that'd be awesome!

Wanted to make a neat looking miner and was originally thinking of doing a Mackinaw, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it done by someone else already, a very nice one at that, got me a little jelly actually. ::) But after a little consideration the venture makes a litte more sense, at least for what I'll use it/them for, namely, I don't want the AI ramming asteroids with an expensive cruiser-class ship all the time.

Hey, glad to hear you guys liked 'em. :D

@DerpSuper++ Would you call someone that stenciled a Rembrandt(I know, you don't stencil a Rembrandt, but you know what I mean) a great artist? ;)

But thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.  ;D

Well, you could always steal borrow parts of a ship's design... It's totally legal, trust me, I'm legally not a lawyer.