Few bugs I found

gn_leugim

Please be more detailed and provide steps to reproduce the bugs. I don't have enough time trying to reproduce them all. Please take the time to do this, otherwise half of the reports you made can't be fixed.

Sure, sorry for not being detailed enough.

- not necessary a bug, but something not so right. if you are flying a cargo ship and you crash into something, even though you lost a small block, not related to cargo block (thruster for example) you lose a lot of cargo (like a 1/5th). This could see some revision I thing, as it is not very realistic. cargo should be only lost when the cargo blocks are destroyed and should be proportional to its size.

This ain't a bug necessary, but more an inaccuracy. If my ship is holding cargo, lets say full cargo, and for some reason, one of my block on the ship gets destroyed (usually because I crash against a station while trying to dock), and even if that block is not a cargo block, and is (as usually is) a thruster block, I get cargo being dumped out because of that. Other example of this is when attacking a cargo ship, I can get cargo out of Engine blocks, and not only when I target and destroy cargo bay blocks.  I think it would be more accurate that the cargo was only on the cargo blocks themselves and only if those got destroyed cargo would be released to space.  I made my cargo ship with one single huge cargo block thinking just that, bigger equals more hp/sturdier and harder to destroy and lose the cargo, but all it takes to lose cargo is to lose a small thruster block.

- exiting and entering the galaxy, made the mission I was doing expire, although I did it within the time requirements.

The thing was I had a mission (a deliver mission from a trading post), and I still had like 7 minutes to fulfil it.  But, as I had visited many sectors in a very short time frame, many with portals and so, the game was getting a bit lagging, because there were too many sectors load (or so I though), so I decided to exit the galaxy, but not the game, and enter again. although it token a bit to do so, it was clearly under the 7 minutes mark.  The lag went away for sure, but also did the mission. I still have the load I had to deliver, but no mission in the player menu and when I get to the sector, no message telling me what station should I deliver the goods too neither. just lost my credits until I sell the cargo elsewhere.

Also, a small suggestion that I though of now. When using the trading system, you can see, if you have a rare or above system, possible lucrative trade routes. awesome thing, but, it ignores your diplomacy. That is, it can show you routes you cannot do, because of your relations to one or both station is really bad. maybe a warning or making it not show these altogether could be a good idea.

Best,

GnL

• Boxelware Team
This ain't a bug necessary, but more an inaccuracy. If my ship is holding cargo, lets say full cargo, and for some reason, one of my block on the ship gets destroyed (usually because I crash against a station while trying to dock), and even if that block is not a cargo block, and is (as usually is) a thruster block, I get cargo being dumped out because of that. Other example of this is when attacking a cargo ship, I can get cargo out of Engine blocks, and not only when I target and destroy cargo bay blocks.  I think it would be more accurate that the cargo was only on the cargo blocks themselves and only if those got destroyed cargo would be released to space.  I made my cargo ship with one single huge cargo block thinking just that, bigger equals more hp/sturdier and harder to destroy and lose the cargo, but all it takes to lose cargo is to lose a small thruster block.

There are special checks already in place since the very first time cargo was implemented that should prevent this. I can't reproduce it based on what you've told me. Post step by step instructions (with the first step being "Start a new game") and make sure it's reproducable.

The thing was I had a mission (a deliver mission from a trading post), and I still had like 7 minutes to fulfil it.  But, as I had visited many sectors in a very short time frame, many with portals and so, the game was getting a bit lagging, because there were too many sectors load (or so I though), so I decided to exit the galaxy, but not the game, and enter again. although it token a bit to do so, it was clearly under the 7 minutes mark.  The lag went away for sure, but also did the mission. I still have the load I had to deliver, but no mission in the player menu and when I get to the sector, no message telling me what station should I deliver the goods too neither. just lost my credits until I sell the cargo elsewhere.

Just like the above, this should not be happening and I need step by step instructions to reproduce it, since it's not happening here, or else I would have fixed it.

No problem :) forgive me for not been clear the first time :\

Small issue I found now:

1: entered a sector for first time,

2: smuggler post generated on that sector, with a smuggler ship next to it.

3: interacted with it and got a suspicious cargo to deliver within a hour

4: moved in the direction of that sector but~...

5: indicated sector is unreachable (see picture attached)

smugler_zpss5yeyuar.png

Is this supposed? or am I missing something here?

• 2 weeks later...

Small glitch:

1- Build hangar on ship,

2- created a squad in ship

3- purchased a fighter from an equipment trader

4- had no pilots onboard

results:

the message "can't assign pilot" popped up, with a warning sound, but it kept doing it over and over. in short, the message didn't leave the bottom right screen and the warning sound would be always playing, like once each second.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

So, i'm kinda hopeless here and I have started to play a new galaxy, as mine is currently corrupted.

Not sure how it happened, all I remember is that the game started to crash and leave the Avorionserver process running in the background.

Before that, I was destroying a trading station, and my cargo ship got the cargo t dropped, and, as I hadn't enough room for it, I equipped a cargo system to increase its cargo capacity.  It didn't work well, because no extra cargo entered the ship though.

Now, every time I start a session, I load the galaxy, upon loading I hear an explosion sound, I have some cargo around me, it plays for a couple of seconds, and then the game window shuts down, with the avorionserver still running on the task manager, which I have to "terminate process" in order to start Avorion again.

I leave here two logs of those sessions, maybe they can help out. they have some weird lines, regarding turrets in asteroids(??), and update version from 0.0 to 0.1. but I can't  make sense of it.

I wish I could give you more details on this, but can't. I can give you the galaxy folder if you think is worth to take a look.

Best regards,

Gn_L

serverlog_Wed_Nov_02_20-21-47_2016.txt

serverlog_Wed_Nov_02_20-56-07_2016.txt

• Boxelware Team

Something in your galaxy has been corrupted. You can try to delete the files -187_-347 and -187_-347v in your galaxy's sectors/ folder, which would delete the corrupted sector, essentially resetting it since it will be regenerated. But all the other content of the sector will be gone.

Before you do that, make sure to make a backup of the galaxy and please send it to me via email so i can have a look: koonschi@avorion.net

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I am facing the same thing again, but this time I guess I know what has happened:

1- Had ship with no cargo blocks. Equipped a storage upgrade to add +285 (+/-) cargo capacity

2- stole some cargo and pick it up.

3- flew some sectors and then logged out.

4- Exit game

5- in other day, open the game and load the galaxy

Result:

The cargo I had on my ship was on the space around the ship.

And I believe that it was when the cargo was "pickable" again that the game crashed, AvorionServer still running. I was still on the middle of the cargo cloud.

It might have happened the same on the previous crash, as I started to happen after picking up some cargo with an upgraded cargo ship.

There's the log attached to post.

UPDATE:

I tried something else:

1- loaded the galaxy and when I am loaded into the game, I move my ship out of the cargo cloud.

2- jump into other sector

3- jump back to initial sector

4- move into the "cargo cloud" and as soon I start to pick up cargo, game crashes, AvorionServer still running.

I checked in all sectors, the upgrade system was there and in the ship's properties, it said 285 cargo capacity, and the it was empty too.

clientlog_Sat_Nov_12_12-18-25_2016.txt

More:

1 - Weapons' range is not currectly translated. if a weapon has more than 5km range (+/-, the best value I got was 5.05km) the projectile (I haven't tried this with beam weapons yet) "dies", so the maximum effective range of a weapon in 5kms, regardless of it saying 5, 6 7 or 9 km, as all projectiles "die" at 5km.  tested for bolters and chainguns

2 - Since last update, if a ship has shields, the lasers shoot by that ship wont show up the beam, only the turret light up. but the damage happens. all laser turret have this issue: mining, salvaging, repair, force pulse,  and combat lasers.  Lightning and railguns work fine.

I would take some SS, but that leads to next point

3 - I have a lot of dificulties taking SS because, when I press Print Screen and "Paste" into paint,  I get an image that was from some moments before the time I pressed Print Screen... this only happens with Avorion for what I can tell. Also, no sfx show up on SS such as light from beams, the beams, the weapons projectiles (to mentions some)

After thes last update all other ships are not displaying their weapons beams/bullets/rounds.

Xzotan, pirate, or faction alike, energy or physical weapons too, the only thing that let me know I am under attack is my shield bar falling or my Hp bar. Same for other ships, can only tell if they are under attack by checking their hp or by exploding blocks.

Also, there are issues with cargo transfer from ship to ship, like:

Screenshot0_zpsbrfgyswu.jpg

In short, the buttons are all messed up. and transfer is quite difficult, impossible sometimes.

Also relating to cargo/commerce, when installing one trading system, the trading icon only shows up after jumping a sector.

Finnaly, crew are said to be paid after the scheduled time, when in auto paid, but no money is deduced from your credit account.

• Boxelware Team

Fixed the first two, but this

Also relating to cargo/commerce, when installing one trading system, the trading icon only shows up after jumping a sector.

I can't reproduce, it works just fine here.

Finnaly, crew are said to be paid after the scheduled time, when in auto paid, but no money is deduced from your credit account.

This is an artifact that was introduced by the crew rework. Visit the sector of the ship, and after that it'll work as usual.

I do can reproduce it, and I did it again.

Steps: had a ship with a system already in place (with icon displaying properly).

Screenshot2_zps2zf3wtg8.jpg

Then I remove the system, icon disappears, all ok.

Screenshot3_zpsns9a14xe.jpg

But then I insert the system again and no icon showing.

Screenshot4_zpsecnqx9rd.jpg

After jumping a sector it is ok.

Screenshot5_zpsrfevbbqb.jpg

Also, tested on a ship that previously had no system instaled and the result is the same, tried with 2 different system too.

Screenshot7_zpsro1oc7sf.jpg

Screenshot6_zpseis4wxlz.jpg

Also, I found a small thing; Went on to steal (cof cof) some freighters, and got some stolen adhesives. Unbranded them and went to find somewhere to sell them. I found, but...

Screenshot8_zpssgjlq2mi.jpg

I tried to reload the galaxy, dump and pick the cargo again, but nothing. can't sell it.

(sorry for the heavy image reply)

• 1 month later...

Hello again. Someone beat me to it, but I got two things to report:

Shields are interfering visually, when they show up (and make brummmm....)

Here are some SS taken to show it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845311026

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845311095

Not only fogs/mist look differently when looking though the shields, projectiles are not visible as well. tested with chainguns, bolters and cannons.

Also, one thing I have noticed, if you are with Ship A and you adjust your camera (using the Alt+mouse) and then move to other ship, or even other galaxy, the camara position remains the same. sometimes this is not desirable (for example, when you move to the drone and you can't see it unless you press Alt). It would be nice if the camara position could be saved, ship to ship.

Best,

Gn_L