Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD](v0.5.1) FleetControl - easy management of ship groups and more

w00zla

This is great. Thank you.

So if I get it right, is not possible at this time to give orders to ships in sectors you are not in?

Or to order them to change sectors to keep doing what they are doing? This is the most annoying thing about fleet management atm for me :D

Once you have some ships spread over some systems it's a pain to micromanage all of them by having to jump in their sectors all the time.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great. Thank you.

So if I get it right, is not possible at this time to give orders to ships in sectors you are not in?

Or to order them to change sectors to keep doing what they are doing? This is the most annoying thing about fleet management atm for me :D

Once you have some ships spread over some systems it's a pain to micromanage all of them by having to jump in their sectors all the time.

I tried to implement this, but failed at loading the entities (ships) that are not in the current sector. So it is currently not possible.

I tried to implement this, but failed at loading the entities (ships) that are not in the current sector. So it is currently not possible.

Cheers. I hope this will be a feature in-game eventually. This game really need a fleet manager.

Cheers. I hope this will be a feature in-game eventually. This game really need a fleet manager.

I think it is on the planned features thankfully :)

• 3 months later...

OMG I just found this mod.. Tell me it works... I'm sick and tired trying to manage my mining fleet of 20 ships by having to give each one a order separately... Why isn't this in the game already.. Its been a year already.....  I'm downloading this any way...

Yup, this works a charm. I'm currently ordering my three Salvagers squadrons to go collect some scrap with one click of the button: "Start Salvaging". Done? Click "Dock All Fighters". It's intense how much nicer this mod made controlling fighters, and I was already pretty satisfied with the vanilla micro-managing.

• 3 weeks later...

im using the latest avorion version as of 1/29/18 and i copy the files to the directory , load the game, started a new galaxy, and when i type /fleetcontrol the icon doesnt appear also tried /fleetcontrol enable

Any ideas?

I am having the same problem but I'm on the beta branch so that might be why.

I've run the latest version - 0.4 - basically since I've played Avorion, and never had an issue with it. I'm currently also running the latest Beta, and it works fine for me, also in new games.

Can you guys tell me your mod setup? How did you try and install this mod?

Note: although the first post says it won't overwrite any vanilla files, this is in fact not true. I think it's craftorders.lua that's included with the files, which would get overwritten by simply installing this mod.

I recommend you do your due diligence and use DiffChecker to compare differences between vanilla files and this mod's files, and change your own installation accordingly.

I know that's a grueling and slow process (believe me, I spent 1 hour and 40 minutes the other day installing all my mods again after updating to Beta), but that's the way it is right now, and it definitely is the most secure way to install mods without conflicts or overwriting new functionality with older versions of those same files, as long as you remain focused and careful about what you're editing where. I'm aiming to streamline this process, but that program will be a while off still.

so when it works it says enabled then an icon appears in the upper right hand of the screen then you can click on that for fleet functions... how can it not work on this system and then work on yours...maybe dependences...what does this game need java or c++ library's are different.. doesn't make sense

here is the fix.

"Functions addShipUIScript and removeShipUIScript in data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua does a math check against shipidx which is a UUID (ex: 43214321231-312312-312321)

Removing the shipidx > 0 fix the issue." from Functions addShipUIScript and removeShipUIScript

Just download lua editor and find the file manager.lua in the player directory

works now

Hm, still intriguing given that I didn't need to do that to get it to work on my end. I really am curious what is causing this discrepancy.

Also, Lestat9, thank you for your effort and solving the issue - but could you please use the EDIT button instead of posting 4 times in a row? Thank you - just makes for a cleaner read on the forum. ;)

here is the fix.

"Functions addShipUIScript and removeShipUIScript in data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua does a math check against shipidx which is a UUID (ex: 43214321231-312312-312321)

Removing the shipidx > 0 fix the issue." from Functions addShipUIScript and removeShipUIScript

Just download lua editor and find the file manager.lua in the player directory

works now

Ok I understand to go to file "data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua" and Edit

The part I do not understand is a bit unclear as what to do.

So, to Clear things up for other programing Noobs like me.

(who have to use Trial & Error) To save you some trouble.

Delete lines in "RED"

{Section of File:}

(function onSectorEntered(playerIndex, x, y)

Sector():registerCallback("onDestroyed", "onDestroyed")

updateSectorPlayerShips()

end

function addShipUIScript(shipidx)

-- add script to ship entity

if shipidx and shipidx > 0 and lastCraft ~= shipidx then

local entity = Entity(shipidx)

if entity and valid(entity) then

ensureEntityScript(entity, fc_script_controlui)

lastCraft = entity.index

-- push server config values to client UI script

pushShipUIServerConfig(entity)

end

end

end

function pushShipUIServerConfig(entity)

local sconfig = getConfig("server", getServerConfigDefaults())

local svalues = {

updatedelay = sconfig.updatedelay,

debugoutput = sconfig.debugoutput, 

enablehud = sconfig.enablehud

}

entity:invokeFunction(fc_script_controlui, "syncServerValues", svalues)

end

function removeShipUIScript(shipidx)

-- remove scripts(s) from player ship

if shipidx and shipidx > 0 then

local entity = Entity(shipidx)

if entity and valid(entity) then

removeEntityScript(entity, fc_script_controlui)

if shipidx == lastCraft then

lastCraft = nil

end

end

end

end

function removeAllScripts()

{File continues...}

Fixed it for me YAY!

Does Kibby Dance  <("<) -(")- _(")_ ~(")~ (>")> /(")\ \(")/

Cool. Thanks for your effort, RoMonGerr. If ever you want to compare two files again, before and after changes, a very easy-to-use and even easier-to-read tool is DiffChecker. Just copy both files into its two windows (the before on the left and the after on the right is conventional) and set its expiry date to never / make it permanent, and people all over the Internet who flock to this post will be able to enjoy the fruits of your labour, even after many updates of code changes. ;)

And the effort is much less on your side, too. It's literally like two copy-pastes and a couple of clicks.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you guys able to manage alliance ships?

Nope!

Also, I am unable to do anything with this on a server.  I followed the instructions for editing this to make it work, as well, and I am afraid it just seems busted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Thank you for this mod. It is full hope for me (if I manage to get it work  properly :p) :

I installed the mod and I can now see the UI.

Only issue :

I am on a sector, with 2 of my crafts, and when I open the UI, it is empty. I do not see the crafts (they have a captain) and so I can not assign them to a group.

Does anyone have the same issue ?