[Tool] Simple Ship Upgrader

3lex

not ultra fancy, but maybee some time save for someone else.

Description

upgrade and/or colorize your ship the lazy way instead of notepad++ search and destroy feature.

Import your Ship.xml file and tweak a bunch of parts, grouped by type and material.

Change material type, give it another color or even change a group of blocks to another part type.

No more worries to forget a single thruster block to upgrade.

No more find and click tiny pieces to attach a certain color.

works for beta 0.11 r7857 builds (hopefully ;))

screenshot.png

Installation

Download from Source

https://bitbucket.org/3lex/avorion-shiptool/src

Download Packed

https://bitbucket.org/3lex/avorion-shiptool/downloads/?tab=tags

History

Update v0.8

- added feature: colorize part

- added feature: convert part to other part

- fixed some css

- removed 1990 design & added hint of 2010

Update v0.7

- hotfix: fixed if no file was selected for input throws error

- fixed some css

didnt showed all parts for me, maybe i did something wrong? pasted the content of "avtool.htm" into a new txtfile which i opened with Firefox, showed up so far all nice and i could browse for my ships .xml, but:

iaCwZ49.png

Thats the ship:

A4WxCd1.gif

As you can see, far more blocks, all the Shield-, Generator- and HyperCoreBlocks made of Xanion aswell as the Trinium Gyros are missing out... and im pretty sure it was over 1k Blocks when i finished the hull, so not all Hullblocks aswell i guess!?

Otherwise i definetly like, bet alot would use such a tool until we get a similar function ingame!

I'm getting that error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
    at Object.keys.map (file:///D:/Downloads/.Torrents/Avorion.v0.11.7854/Mods/3lex-avorion-shiptool-479cce77968b/avtool.htm:58:342)
    at Array.map (native)
    at Object.keys.map (file:///D:/Downloads/.Torrents/Avorion.v0.11.7854/Mods/3lex-avorion-shiptool-479cce77968b/avtool.htm:58:179)
    at Array.map (native)
    at updateRessourceList (file:///D:/Downloads/.Torrents/Avorion.v0.11.7854/Mods/3lex-avorion-shiptool-479cce77968b/avtool.htm:58:48)
    at FileReader.fr.onload (file:///D:/Downloads/.Torrents/Avorion.v0.11.7854/Mods/3lex-avorion-shiptool-479cce77968b/avtool.htm:46:328)

When I have Hangar in the ship. I looked at your code, you need to add Hangar to the blocklist.js. Hangar has blockIndex = 10.

When I have Hangar in the ship. I looked at your code, you need to add Hangar to the blocklist.js. Hangar has blockIndex = 10.

ha!! nice - many thnx! *updated*

didnt showed all parts for me, maybe i did something wrong?

please check the updated version. problem should be solved.

note: i removed the compressed version so far, so please make sure you are not missing any dependencies.

quick and quite easy way is on the left panel Downloads > Download Repository.

please let me know if problem persists.

and btw: niice ship design @Fox

Tried again and nothing happens after selecting my .xml? I mean, like even no ressource-collums like on the screenshot above, simply the name appeared where "No File selected" was before...

This time i followed the Link in the OP, selected "Download" on the left and then "Download repository"... extracted .rar file and opened index.htm with Firefox... anything obvious i'm missing?

Oh, and thx, since i made a new install recently it was the only one in my shipfolder ^,.,^

I had some free time so.. I found errors in the new build too  ;)

GET file:///D:/Downloads/.Torrents/Avorion.v0.11.7854/Mods/3lex-avorion-shiptool-ca960acd253f/src/avtool.min.js net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Because there is no avtool.min.js in the src folder. There is avtool.js however.

More errors:

When you select a file and then select no file:

avtool.js:28 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'readAsText' on 'FileReader': parameter 1 is not of type 'Blob'.
    at onDataImport (avtool.js:28)
    at HTMLInputElement.onchange (index.htm:13)

Small errors:

Then if you fix this 2 errors, after loading the xml file and after that, selecting no file, the old headers will stay. Like "TRINIUM (3)" but with no trinium parts in it. So there is no headers cleaning before you select a file.

I haven't figured out how to fix it. You know your code better and I'm just not very good when it comes to a big amount of libraries.

Anyway, there is a small hotfix with the first 2 bugs fixed. I hope you don't mind.

You need to install it on the top of the current build.

hotfix.zip

Tried again and nothing happens after selecting my .xml?

index.htm file was still pointing to a compressed version. sry for that - hotfix is up.

thanks for your patience!

I had some free time so.. I found errors in the new build too  ;)

there is a small hotfix with the first 2 bugs fixed. I hope you don't mind

thanks a lot for testing, checking and your effort!

i thought i got rid of all minified parts, but obviously didnt double check the dependency call to avtool.js :-[

the file hotfix i called a touch earlier to skip the whole filereading process, if no file was selected.

material counter also should refresh accordingly in that case.

index.htm file was still pointing to a compressed version. sry for that - hotfix is up.

thanks for your patience!

you're welcome, a pleasure to help with such a useful project, sadly i cant code or such, so at least i can test...

While talking bout testing, now thats a colorful UI! And functional btw, working like a charm now here!

Taking requests? Would be cool if you could edit the blocks, like when i loaded my .xml i noticed 8 Hullblocks which i'd like to switch out against Hull without windows? Or to switch out Computerblocks against Hyperjumpblocks... just asking, this will proof useful alrdy as it is for anyone editing his .xmls frequently like me ^,.,^

quick question, could you do the same thing with colour/paint?

I'm not sure that this will work in the game. Every player has his own collor pallete which was collected during the play. And I don't think that game will allow to load colors that you don't have.

quick question, could you do the same thing with colour/paint?

quick answer: yes  8)

every player has their own color palette, like rinart73 pointed out correctly.

but there is no check as the game loads the xml file.

therefore it is possible to set any color value you like, even colors you did't found so far and even colors that don't exist in the game palette.

avorion is using its own color codes emerging from hex color values adding something like a glow/shiny value. #Glow-Red-Green-Blue

e.g. #FFFF2626 == avorion red

that would make browser preview color feel little bit offset to the correct ingame color, because it will differ depending on light setup ingame.

as long this little bit of offset is acceptable i'll take a look at adding a color feature.

While talking bout testing, now thats a colorful UI! And functional btw, working like a charm now here!

nice, thnx =)

Taking requests? Would be cool if you could edit the blocks, ...

sure  8)

i already thought about that, but tried to avoid endless dropdown lists for each block.

i'll wrap my head around a neat solution

Requests implemented.  8)

Any errors, help, additional requests? Just let me know..

Update

Update v0.8

- added feature: colorize part

- added feature: convert part to other part

- fixed some css

- removed 1990 design & added hint of 2010

not an error per se, working great for me so far, but i dont get how

"- added feature: convert part to other part "

is working?

Option for Color is another great addition, just a bit confusing with the rgb-code compared to the predefined colors of Avorion itself... but you stated that above alrdy, so i guess thats nothing new for ya...

another minor suggestion, would it be possible to get rid of the "79c43c3a23bf"-part on the Folders name? Not a big issue, but i have to update my Bookmark of the site for every update, as said, not a big thing, just a little QoL issue ^,.,^ maybe add a little .txt with version info instead?

Love your tool anyways, Fox approved!

EDIT: Oooooh, click the number, not the name! Ok, maybe add a note that you have to refresh with not-greyed attributes, is a little confusing first time, but quite clear&nice once you get it!

Another idea i had: Would it help to make a "color-table-ship"? Like one block for every color, so you can import it into the tool and see how all the colors translate into RGB?

Which would leave the user with ~350 premade Codes to choose from instead of a full RGB-Grid...

Ok, maybe add a note that you have to refresh with not-greyed attributes, is a little confusing first time,

all righty. i already thought maybee too confusing.

i'll add some more notes on that

Option for Color is another great addition, just a bit confusing with the rgb-code compared to the predefined colors of Avorion itself...

true. i didn't find the game file containing the color code list so far..

i'm sure it is hiding somehwere, but..  ???

if someone has a hint or point me the right direction i'd appreciate that.

another minor suggestion, would it be possible to get rid of the "79c43c3a23bf"-part on the Folders name?

sadly this is an automatic bitbucket thing.

fastest way to update would be using "git" i guess (if its already installed).

otherwise i could imagine saving just the content of that folder as a maybefix for that specific problem..?

Love your tool anyways, Fox approved!

noice  8)

and btw: thnx again for testing  ;D

• 1 month later...

Still active on this?

Suggestion: Would it be possible to add a "none" option to the "Choose Blocktyp"-Dropdown so you are able to delete blocks at all? Stumbled across that tonight and thought that would be useful to have for downgrading blueprints to lesser materials... for now i replaced em with Reflectors (since i usually never use em) and deleted the entries manually....

I recomment any1 to try this little program out, still one of my favourite tools here! Great work, thanks again for creating/sharing!

Still active on this?

sure  ;)

i'm wrapping my mind aroud a visual ship preview implementation, besides usability tweaks.

could also be a problemsolver for your next question in near future.

Suggestion: Would it be possible to add a "none" option to the "Choose Blocktyp"-Dropdown so you are able to delete blocks at all?

deleting blocks has a high risk of deleting more blocks than intended, so i decided not implement it.

of course i could give a warning "you are deleting more blocks" and add a list of blocks with id's and types,

but i thought this still won't be enough reference to know which blocks exactly are going to be affected (especially for really big ships).

But as mentioned earlier i think of a visual ship display, that could serve the desired information.

I recomment any1 to try this little program out, still one of my favourite tools here! Great work, thanks again for creating/sharing!

thanks a lot - i appreciate that =)

...deleting blocks has a high risk of deleting more blocks than intended, so i decided not implement it. ...

Damn, i did not think of blocks getting seperated in the process, good point!

i'm wrapping my mind aroud a visual ship preview implementation, besides usability tweaks.

could also be a problemsolver for your next question in near future. ...

Ooh, now that sounds interesting, and a good approach for the delete-thingy... excited to see what you can come up with! And... wait, you know alrdy what i'm going to ask? Even me has no idea what will jump into my mind next!  :o

are-you-wizard.jpg

could also be a problemsolver for your next question in near future. ...

And... wait, you know alrdy what i'm going to ask? Even me has no idea what will jump into my mind next!  :o

uhm sry for that mistake/bad english.

was thinking of the question in the post "none block option", i quoted next to that - not all questions that possibly come up.

"near future" should refer to the tool update/implementation of the preview thingy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there

First i want to thank that you made this tool and sacrificing your time for the whole community.  8)

anyways, I think i found a little problem too^^

i have a downloaded a model wich only contains a HUGE ammount (ca. 15.000) little blocks of framework

problem is:

the tool finds all 15k framework blocks but is not able to edit them...there is

"no number" next to the title "framework" that i could proberbly click on and edit them

so i hope somewhere in the near future the tool can handle this amount of blocks  ;D

stay fit

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

true. i didn't find the game file containing the color code list so far..

i'm sure it is hiding somehwere, but..  ???

if someone has a hint or point me the right direction i'd appreciate that.

...\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Avorion\data\rgb.txt

maybe I was able to find this, but it seems that I need some instructions for re-coloring ...