How do I display my mineral/resource count in the top left at all times?

Johnlondon

Currently the display is only visible in menus like the building mode, to give space for displaying group information.

The total amount of a resource is displayed in the ticker on the right hand side if you collect more of it.

I don't know if the changes might be reverted at some point of if there will be something like a setting. That's a decision the dev has to make. I can' t tell right now if the screenshots of the new update already suggest some changes.

For now you will have to look at it in the building menu.

Welcome to the forums :)

Please allow us to toggle that display.  I personally prefer to have it visible at all times, rather than needing to open the build mode or some other menu to see it.  Also, the gathering display in the bottom right that updates when you gain materials or credits is now confusing; a straight "12540" if you get a credit reward, for example, is much easier to read and understand than "1295739(+12540)" as it displays now.  This is a change that actually decreases the clarity and simplicity of the UI.

sorry, but i have to disagree, taking away the total in the ressource update numbers would make a need to open up a menu every time to check how my balance had change, and that would decrease the clarity alot!

I really like how its handled as it is now, nice and simply shown where it need to be shown, and i'd bet noone would complain if ppl where used to the new system from the beginning.

And another sorry, but i cant support a toggle option before knowing how the freed up space in the HUD is used in the upcomming Updates (and i generally think personal adjustments like this should belong to the modding community)

Please allow us to toggle that display.  I personally prefer to have it visible at all times, rather than needing to open the build mode or some other menu to see it.  Also, the gathering display in the bottom right that updates when you gain materials or credits is now confusing; a straight "12540" if you get a credit reward, for example, is much easier to read and understand than "1295739(+12540)" as it displays now.  This is a change that actually decreases the clarity and simplicity of the UI.

+1.

I like that display all the time as well. Not having to stop and waste time to check my pockets was nice.

I gave the whole hit any menu to see what I have a decent chance. I still don't like it.

A toggle would be very nice to have. Especially if other supposed "useful" information is going to go in that spot.

-If I want my resource info, I can has it.

-If I want Faction info, I can has it.

-If I want MP info, I can has it.

-If I want space, the final frontier; well I can has that too.

Everyone in this thread could be happy. All with a single hotkey. (now how much would you pay..!)

Agreed that the way info is displayed could use some touch up. A simple +12345 for a reward is sufficient. A simple +123 materials is sufficient. It was nice when I had the totals up top, I didn't have to decipher anything.

As an aside, can we get all the messages to display in one place as well..? PITA that we have to look at three different places on the screen and many of the messages overlap on the right side making them gibberish.

Cheers..!

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree.  The added update info in the bottom right is a great addition.  A simple few characters not only shows you your total, but also shows you how much extra of an item you just received.  It's smart.  1 update, 2 pieces of info.  I don't see how that is any way confusing, especially when they were nice enough to include a plus or minus sign.

The added update info in the bottom right is a great addition.  A simple few characters not only shows you your total, but also shows you how much extra of an item you just received.  It's smart.  1 update, 2 pieces of info.  I don't see how that is any way confusing, especially when they were nice enough to include a plus or minus sign.

Unfortunately, the numbers obscure the tool tips of the turret loot, so you can't tell what you found. It would be fantastic if players were allowed to choose where they want this info displayed. A fully customizable and movable ui would be best, but a toggle will do.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like how its handled as it is now, nice and simply shown where it need to be shown, and i'd bet noone would complain if ppl where used to the new system from the beginning.

And another sorry, but i cant support a toggle option before knowing how the freed up space in the HUD is used in the upcomming Updates (and i generally think personal adjustments like this should belong to the modding community)

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, but it's kind of silly to be against an option to allow it to be visible at all times. Especially if all you have to do is simply NOT show that UI window if you like it how it is now. Being against the "option" though is a lot like being against Taco Bell serving Mountain Dew just because you drink Pepsi.

This game is going to revolve heavily on the multiplayer aspect, and pretty much every multiplayer game has the ability to show/hide aspects of the UI. It should definitely be something in the "Settings" and not something the community has to mod in. When I booted up the new beta branch the very first thing I said was "where's my resources?". I want my counter top left.

At any rate, everyone should be 100% for as much UI customization as possible (no matter what they like their UI to look like). It will only go to better serve a wider range of demographics and provide a perfect UI for every player.

I still miss this... I want the display back please.

An option would be great.

Regardless of those that like the open space look, I need my numbers right there.

I hate having to stop the world and click just to see what/where I'm at all the time.

It really disrupts the flow of the game for me.

Cheers..!

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, but it's kind of silly to be against an option to allow it to be visible at all times. Especially if all you have to do is simply NOT show that UI window if you like it how it is now. Being against the "option" though is a lot like being against Taco Bell serving Mountain Dew just because you drink Pepsi.

This game is going to revolve heavily on the multiplayer aspect, and pretty much every multiplayer game has the ability to show/hide aspects of the UI. It should definitely be something in the "Settings" and not something the community has to mod in. When I booted up the new beta branch the very first thing I said was "where's my resources?". I want my counter top left.

At any rate, everyone should be 100% for as much UI customization as possible (no matter what they like their UI to look like). It will only go to better serve a wider range of demographics and provide a perfect UI for every player.

Dont get me wrong, i never was against a toggle option per se, or HUD Customization at all, to grab up your metaphor i simply was concerned to drink Mountain Dew (i guess thats a drink?) before having a chance to read the ingrediences, and trying to serve me both simultanious seems like a waste of effort from Tacco Bell (IMO, as you pointed out, just an opinion)...

Ofc i'd love to see as much of individual setup options as one can get! But i also think the effort (how ever big) would be invested more useful in HUD Modding API to leave it to the modders to make "a perfect UI for every player", instead of toggles, checkboxes and whatnot everywhere, since you cant please everyone with one vanilla solution... like, why would Tacco Bell make its own Drinks if there are good ones alrdy out there to import into your shop and sell? Just a matter of setting up a proper rack...