New sloped edge block

Volken

Suggestion

11 answers to this suggestion

mhmm nice indeed!

There is another shape as well that is like a square corner block...

So instead of a square with its corner sliced off....

It is square with two slopes.  It has 5 right angles (4-1 perpendicular) the rest slopes. I think it might be a 5-cell... of some sort.

Trying to just find the basic corner block on the internet without knowing what its called is driving me mad

Also an 8 sided cube is super handy for finishing angled and sloped sections

ALSO Screenshot36_1.png the thing that would fit here that isnt the point block, or the corner block... I realize putting it in a sphere shape is a bad example... I am not trying to complete the sphere... Im just looking at the triangle shape that has 4 right angle vertices and several variable ones. As if you sliced the inverse corner in the picture diagonally.

That's a very familiar looking sphere! :D

I would mostly just like to see blocks that actually let me build spheres, since currently that's pretty much impossible unless you want to create a million blocks.  :o

Creating diagonal thin blocks is also nearly impossible without resorting to needing a ton of blocks.

|\

\||\

\||\

\||\

That seems to be the only way to do it now.

I would encourage anyone

that can find a type of block

that they can outline

in the current system

that does not yet exist

to post here

:)

Just wanted to make sure this thread doesnt get buried as its intent as a suggestion is akin more blocks...

These are very doable with the current setup afaik

It would also be nice if the blocks were named something other than a generic "(Material) Edge".  "Edge" is a fine name for the most basic, cube-bisected-at-45-degree-angle block, but using other names like "corner", "triangle", "pyramid", etc., would be helpful.  From The Depths, Robocraft, Galactic Junk League, they all use different names for the different blocks; looking at them for inspiration wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm glad i came across this thread.  I ran in to this issue over the weekend.  Spent quite a long time playing with the available blocks and mirroring.  And realized it was going to be impossible.  Hopefully it comes soon!