Some questions about scan range

AngryGames

Hi, all. Very new player (3 days). Got a couple of questions. I did read the wiki and did some googling, but a lot of the info seems outdated or non-existent. Or I didn't search for the right terms maybe since I'm still learning everything.

Anyway, I got an exotic mineral scanner upgrade in the first system after the starter system (heh, yeah, surprised me too!). The range is only 4.79km / 21 asteroids. My question is: is there any way to increase the range?

I tried using a gold/yellow tier scan range increase (113% I think), but ore asteroids still only show up with the box around them at 4.79km. I'm not trying to get a 100km range or anything, but if I could double it to 8-10km I'd be happy.

Also, does the C43 object detector even work? I've had it on for a while but I never get any kind of prompt or alert that it has found anything. Do I have to get into systems with the green ore or better for anything to show up?

And is there any way to tag a wreck so I can go back and salvage/loot it after a fight? I'm getting into systems where I end up killing 10-20 NPC (or two factions go at it and have a huge fight) but I sometimes can't find all the wrecks, especially if they're in front of a planet (usually a dark planet). Or if there's a ton of asteroids. Or a ton of NPC ships and stations.

If not, is there a feature addition planned to make this less of a hassle? (I get that the ships break up into blocks but maybe the "core" block or something can have a hotkey to cycle through?).

I'm starting to pick up "force" turrets but they seem utterly useless. I was hoping they'd tractor in loot, but they don't =(.

Speaking of, is there a way to increase the distance at which my ship hoovers up the loot/ore/whatever? I practically have to fly right into an upgrade/turret to pick it up, and picking up bits of ore means flying around a lot. Again, not asking for a huge 10km range or anything, and I get that it's probably like this for multiplayer or some a-hole would run around snitching all the loot, but man... looting takes longer than killing, and when I've just murdered 10 bad guys, I'm there all night salvaging and looting =/.

I keep hoping to find a lot of good info on the wiki, here, or at Reddit, but seems the game hasn't been on the radar / popular until this month (I'd never heard of Avorion before and only happened upon it as I was clicking through the front page in my Steam client looking to see what was featured/on sale). And what info I'm finding seems dated or kind of bare-bones. I'm extremely addicted to the game at the moment and learning it so I can get wife/brother/friends to play (we'll set up a dedicated server as we love co-op pve in a group).

Anyway, thanks for any answers or links to helpful info!

Anyway, I got an exotic mineral scanner upgrade in the first system after the starter system (heh, yeah, surprised me too!). The range is only 4.79km / 21 asteroids. My question is: is there any way to increase the range?

I tried using a gold/yellow tier scan range increase (113% I think), but ore asteroids still only show up with the box around them at 4.79km. I'm not trying to get a 100km range or anything, but if I could double it to 8-10km I'd be happy.

in the base game no, the range on them is way too short, personally I use the "mining system/module ballance change" mod

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,845.0.html

the Scanner range upgrades increase the range at which you get more details on a target, so the range where you see what a wreckage is made of and the range of how much material it's made of.

Also the range at which you get the hp and sp numbers of a ship rather than the % and what if any cargo it has

Also, does the C43 object detector even work? I've had it on for a while but I never get any kind of prompt or alert that it has found anything. Do I have to get into systems with the green ore or better for anything to show up?

yes they do work, you'll get a message about something unknown detected when you jump into a system, or just before you jump into the new to be accurate (it's a bug showing the message before loading the sector). objects it detects are fairly rare in sectors with jump gates, they are more common in green and yellow blips which are not on the jump gate network and don't have stations in them.

Again range is an issue but better than mining upgrades and at exotic level it's range is "sector" so all objects are highlighted.

And is there any way to tag a wreck so I can go back and salvage/loot it after a fight? I'm getting into systems where I end up killing 10-20 NPC (or two factions go at it and have a huge fight) but I sometimes can't find all the wrecks, especially if they're in front of a planet (usually a dark planet). Or if there's a ton of asteroids. Or a ton of NPC ships and stations.

If not, is there a feature addition planned to make this less of a hassle? (I get that the ships break up into blocks but maybe the "core" block or something can have a hotkey to cycle through?). 

Nope sorry, the targeting keys is rather primitive I'm afraid, some wrecks can despawn but only those of npc trade ships that get killed by pirate/xsotan (again I think it's a bug and they jump out of sector as they normally would if not killed)

I'm starting to pick up "force" turrets but they seem utterly useless. I was hoping they'd tractor in loot, but they don't =(.

Speaking of, is there a way to increase the distance at which my ship hoovers up the loot/ore/whatever? I practically have to fly right into an upgrade/turret to pick it up, and picking up bits of ore means flying around a lot. Again, not asking for a huge 10km range or anything, and I get that it's probably like this for multiplayer or some a-hole would run around snitching all the loot, but man... looting takes longer than killing, and when I've just murdered 10 bad guys, I'm there all night salvaging and looting =/.

Nope sorry, I wish there was a mod that changed this but there's not. :(

As for force turrets, just sell them they are worth good cash

I keep my mod usage fairly light, here's a list of the mods I personally use (find links in the "List of mods" thread http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3190.0.html )

Find Station

Detailed Turret Tooltips

"Mining System/Module" Balance Changes. - Increases The Distance

Spawn changer

now you can set your spawn in the latest beta build, however the cost is too high IMHO which is why I've kept using spawn changer