Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[Forum] Suggestion

Espcevan

Suggestion

I'm not too sure how hard/easy it would be, but I was just looking through Forums and was thinking of "saving" a particular post.

Example:

As I was on the "How to Make Tiny Ship Cores & Upgrade Your Ships Materials" Forum, I wanted to save this post by Antibak.

Here is an easy way I discovered to change the material type of specific parts on your ship using any XML editor. This saves you the pain of tearing down and into your ship hull to upgrade internal parts when you acquire better materials.  Also, you can select specific parts to upgrade one type at a time as you slowly acquire the materials needed from mining or salvaging, etc, etc.

Please refer to Kane Heart's video on XML editing.

Here is what to do=  Anyone that has seen the XML details on the ships that we build and have watched Kane Heart's video knows that there is a line of info for each block you use to build a ship. Turns out the [index "x"] right before the [Material "x"] is the designation/type for the actual block.  Here is a short list of some of the block types. (I was only interested in upgrading certain parts so I did not bother listing all the part designators below just yet.  (Anyone else interested in completing the list?)

Index "X"

x= 1  Hull with windows and the first core block.

x= 2  Hull with no windows

x= 3  Engine

X= 5  Cargo

x= 6  Crew

x= 7  Thrusters

x=8 Armor Block

x= 104, 105, 106, 107  Edge and corner armor

x= 100, 101, 102, 103 Edge and corner Hull

x= 150, 151, 152, 153, 154  Glow Pieces

X= 50  Shield

X= 51  Energy Container

X= 52  Generator

X= 53  Integrity Field

X= 54 Computer Core

X= 55 Hyperspace Core

Using the "replace all" command in an XML editor you can do this as an example:  To change all generator components from Naonite to Trinium=

Enter=    Index "52" Material "2"  replace with=  Index "52" Material "3"

save the file with a new name so you know what parts you upgraded.  Go back into the game and in the ship editor select the file name then then select "apply plan". Easy Peazy:)

For me, each time I acquire more material, I go back into the editor and upgrade the next component

I wanted to do it without having to copy, paste, and all that jazz.

Maybe somehow add a section to the Profile page to have "saved posts" or something of the like.

Also add a save button on the bottom of each post.

Just an idea.

Please don't roast me too hard!

1 answer to this suggestion

I won't roast you, I promise :)

That being said, I will have to disappoint you that the forum will stay as it is right now.

I would say that your best course of action is probably to create a bookmark folder for the forums in your browser and just save the posts in there. You can get links to specific replies for a topic if you click on the title above the post you want to save.