Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[CPX3]-Mod Tutorial

Laserzwei

In this tutorial I will show you how to build your own complex on the basis of the Servo production chain.

Mod can be found here: [CPX3] -There is also a list of known issues and workarounds!

Before you can start you need at least 2 Factories in a single sector. Mines count as factories too and can be as easily attached to a complex, but you can only start a complex from a factory founded by a ship.

Every station added to the complex will be removed from the sector. The crew and cargo on the station go into the complex.

We need the following factories:

[*]Servo Factory

[*]Steel Mill (the more expensive one)

[*]Plastic Manufacturer

[*]Conductor Manufacturer

[*]Oil Refinery

[*]Scrap Metal Trader

[*]Solar Power Plant

[*]Cink Mine

[*]Aluminium Mine

[*]Gold and Platin Mine

[*]Coal Mine(added by a mod)

[*]Raw Oil Mine(added by a mod)

The Construction Menu

We start by calling the factory, which will be our "basefactory", with 'F' and selecting the option "Build Complex". Every factory we add will be added to this basefactory.

I selected the "Servo Factory" as my basefab. You can choose any factory that has the "Build Complex" option (Mines don't have it!-But you already read that ;) ).

When it opens you get a view like this:

vU72XtU.jpg

It will select the next best station and give you a preview of how it might look, if the 2nd-station was added on top[Y+]. You can choose any of your own factories by clicking on the selector circled in red.

Within the next spoiler are picture that show the effect of adding the factory in a different direction. You can select the directions by pressing one of the 6 buttons top left.

[X+]

qEHuQJ2.png

[X-]

g514SXW.png

[Y-] Y+ is the image of the previous spoiler.

fg4s6Va.png

[Z+]

IoY7lmX.png

[Z-]

DBYa02J.png

I chose [Z+] for my Oil Refinery.

nOn7j5W.jpg

You can see there is quite a gap between these 2 Factories. This happens, because their boundingboxes are used to estaminate a collisionless placement.

To correct these small missplacements activate the Advanced Building Options tickbox (circled in red).

0pJEN0J.jpg

This picture was taker AFTER the Oil Refinery was added, hence the 3rd factory.

The sliders allow for a placement in 5m steps from -100 to 100. In the textboxes to the right you can choose any integer. This gives a 1m precision when combining your complex.

You might have noticed that the [Z-]-Button on top is now greyed out and [Z-] at bottom is now active. This is because the factories are ordered in a 3D-Grid. The controls in the bottom row control allow you to navigate through this grid, by changing your viewport.

AJmhoVz.jpg

Notice how the viewport changed to the Servo-Subfactory and [Z+]-top is now greyed out and [Z+]-bottom is now active. Due to previous settings the third factory tries to get added in the [Z+] direction, but we are focused on the servo-subfactory. The [Z+] place is already blocked by the Oil Refinery and therefore the build button(very bottom) is greyed out.

*ignore the clipping, it's caused by the shifting of the viewport :D

The Construction continues with a Steel Mill in [X-]-direction.

P0ga5xm.jpg

A Scrap Metal Trader added in [Z+]-direction with an additional offset in x-/z+ and a proposed Coal Mine in [X-]

ELprdJl.jpg

The +40 in x-direction is applied to the mine and not to the already added Scrap Metal trader.

Now that the first factories are added, some of them start producing:

qA3c8tR.jpg

We will discuss the Complex Overview window in the next topic.

In this picture the Plastic Factory (1), Solar Power Plant (2) and the proposed Raw Oil Mine (3) can be seen. As well as their effect on the Complex Overview Window:

inqkawt.jpg

vQXnBZ3.jpg

After adding the Conductor Factory, Cink Mine, Aluminium Mine and a Noble Metal Mine the complex is now constructed:

9X79UH9.jpg

At every point you can modify the complex or stations you want to add with the vanilla build menu and change their appearance. Before you do so read the "Important things at last".

The Complex Overview

Here you can find the prodction and consumption statistics of your whole complex ...

t2wdgoU.jpg

... and of every single Factory:

s03D0SY.jpg

You can also change the Class of a factory here. A Class conforms with the Size description of Vanilla Factories:

Class II  = S

Class III = M

Class IV = L

Class V = XL

Class VII = XXL

up to Class X, which is 5 times the production capability of a Size S Factory. You may ask why 5 and not 10?

The answer is simple: A size S factory already has the production capability to process 2 productions at once. A Class V factory has the ability to process 5 productions at once and a Class X to process 10. The naming should be much clearer than the vanilla one.

Here I set a Scrap Metal Trader to the max. Class, so that the Steel factory doesn't run out of resources

fozBNH3.jpg

This took a whole 140GW of Power! The higher the Class to upgrade to the more expensive the next step up gets. The power requirements vary from factory type to factory type, where more expensive factories need more power to upgrade.

Final Productivity Configuration:

i4KzL2d.jpg

The Trading Overview

After the complex has been build and the productivity tweaked, you probably want to configure what traders can buy and sell, as well as set the stocklimits for your goods.

This is how it looked for me. This may vary depending on the order the factories get added.

XkvYVgK.png

Left: Goods Sold to traders

Middle: Intermediate Goods not visible to traders

Right: Goods bought from traders

You can move goods from one list to the other with the ">"/ ">>" Buttons.

There is currently a problem when either the right or left list has more than 15 Entries. This is inherited by the vanilla tradingmanager.lua. You can workaround it by adding goods to the intermediate List before one of these Lists gets too big.

Here I moved some goods to the intermediate List and prepared Platinum to have a maximum Stock of 1000.

CWPRwQW.png

In the middle you can change the stock of every good. Type in the max. Stock and press "Set".

After changing most of the stocks:

2EOLXPe.png

This has direct influence to the trading menu:

Buying Goods from the complex:

PAGLtTf.jpg

Selling Goods to the complex:

osf1AMs.jpg

Important things at last:

You might have noticed the big red boxes in the construction section (if not check the pictures out!). These are the cores of your subfactories. If they get destroyed that subfactory is destroyed as well and needs to be readded- no refunds!. Protecting it should have a high priority.

There is one more thing this mod adds:

Guns, lots of guns:

VlEKeFD.jpg

NqJFM5N.jpg

That's right Factories can get an extra Weaponslot for every 600,000$ net worth.

bonus points, if you know where the reference in the beginning of the spoiler comes from.

I'm a little uncertain from the directions here. At the start you say that you need two factories to make a complex. Does that mean you need them present and existing in space in the sector you're working in? It's not clear from the pictures if the complex manager window is creating the factories or not, and if it isn't, does it remove the existing factory from space to attach it to the complex?

That's the experience I just had, except for one important part - stations already in the sector when you install the mod can't be used as the starter station.

I created a new station, used that as my jumping point then added the other pre-existing stations I'd built to the base, it removed the original stations as it expanded the complex.

I'm a little uncertain from the directions here. At the start you say that you need two factories to make a complex. Does that mean you need them present and existing in space in the sector you're working in? It's not clear from the pictures if the complex manager window is creating the factories or not, and if it isn't, does it remove the existing factory from space to attach it to the complex?

You need 2 built factories to start constructing a complex. You can open the menu with one factory, but you will not be able to utilize any of the configuration options, neither will you see a preview of your complex.

All stations added to a complex will be removed. The crew and cargo will be transfered into the complex.

That's the experience I just had, except for one important part - stations already in the sector when you install the mod can't be used as the starter station.

I created a new station, used that as my jumping point then added the other pre-existing stations I'd built to the base, it removed the original stations as it expanded the complex.

That is the intended way of getting factories that were built before installing the mod into a complex. The infrasructure behind adding the menuoption to every existing factory would require more intrusions into vanilla gamefiles- It wouldn't outwight the costs. I also  added the following to the known issues tab ~1:30h before you wrote your answer:

- Stations founded before the installation of this mod, can't start a new complex.

However: You will still be able to integrate them into any complex within the sector, from the next station placed after installation.

Hello, love this mod,  one problem i've found.  once i've made a complex  traders stop comming in to the system to trade  and players can not sell / buy

any ideas or info you need on it?  using new .86 ver -

--reloaded the mod and seemed to fix the trade issue between players  but still no traders.

is there any fix if the left side column limit have been passed and now can't see items in trade section

so i can't bring it back to lower.

except maybe destroying some factory and hoping for the best?

look in the main post for "known issues". There are 2 Workarounds.

Hello, love this mod,  one problem i've found.  once i've made a complex  traders stop comming in to the system to trade  and players can not sell / buy

any ideas or info you need on it?  using new .86 ver -

--reloaded the mod and seemed to fix the trade issue between players  but still no traders.

The absence of traders is known by me and it is not a feature that will come in soon.

However there is a 50/50 chance that traders appear (and work), if you change line 32 in

data/scripts/sector/traders.lua from

local scripts = {"consumer.lua", "factory.lua", "tradingpost.lua"}

to

local scripts = {"consumer.lua", "factory.lua", "tradingpost.lua", "complexFactory.lua"}

I do not take any warranties for these lines of code.

Send me a private message, if any problems with (player-)trading persists.

• 3 weeks later...

Ich hoffe jemand von euch versteht mich.

Der Komplex arbeitet bei mir nicht richtig. Ich finde einfach nicht herraus warum.

Komplex besteht aus, Kristall, Glas, Laserkopf, Hochleistungslinsen, Leiter, Halbleiter, Microchip, Solar

Meine Kristallproducktion leuft gar nicht.

Glas, Laserkopf, Hochleistungslinsen, Solar ab und zu

Leiter, Halbleiter, Microchip noch nie

Materialien sind alle vorhanden.

Auch Strom und Frachtraum gibt es genug.

Mechaniker voll, 1 Kapitän zugewiesen

Das selbe Proplem tritt bei meinem Stahlkomplex auf.

1 Stahlwerk, 2 Altmetallhändler, 1 Solar.

Altmetallhändler laufen gar nicht.

Was ich gar nicht nutzen kann, ist der Komplex Manager, gibt es diesen einfach noch nicht?

Ich hoffe, ihr könnt mir weiterhelfen.

Ich hoffe jemand von euch versteht mich.

Der Komplex arbeitet bei mir nicht richtig. Ich finde einfach nicht herraus warum.

Let me translate this... i've got the same problem, but much worse.

Some of his stations are producing very well, some only produce sometimes, and crystal does not produce anything. Even if all needed goods are there.

In my case NO station in the complex produces anything... nothing.

I've tried to start up with water, energy cells and rice... but nothing happens.

Cargo and crew are fine.

Is there any bug or what is happening?

Edit:

Solved. Seems i got a bugged mod from my server admins modpack. Its working fine now.