[MOD] CompleX3s [CPX3]

Laserzwei

The complex mod is not updated for 0.16.x and later versions!

This mod will allow you to connect Factories into a single "Complex", where their production power is focused.

I got the idea for this mod, when I was shipping goods between ~15 of my own factories and felt too bored to continue. From my game experience of the x-Series(The space sim, not X-COM) I knew complexes would be the solution.

LzLGvof.jpg

Combine all the Factories!

Tutorial

Tutorial

known issues:

- Stations founded before the installation of this mod, can't start a new complex.

However: You will still be able to integrate them into any complex within the sector, from the next station placed after installation.

Installation Guide:

Download the mod-File.

Go to your Avorion installation Folder.

Put the content of the zipped "data" folder into the avorion data-folder.

Put the content of the zipped "mods" folder into Avorion\mods\. It should look like this: Avorion\mods\complexMod\ ...

MODS that work very well together with this:

move Asteroids [mOS]

A mod to transfer Asteroids beetween sectors.

all Production Chains  or similar mods!

Adds missing Factories.

Better Docking

Lets Freighters move more careful.

PM me, if you find more!

Github

Downloads below.

CPX3_0.90b.zip

CPX3_0.90c.zip

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

version history

--0.90c for 0.15

- non default 1st factory rootblock does less hassle

- fixed issue with eploitable cargo assign buttom

- fixed small fallback issue in tradingutility.lua (would only occur, when the mod was inproperly installed)

- updated stationsfounder.lua to reflect recent Vanill changes

- fixed small typo in the construction tab: "Opotions" -> "Options"

- removed outdated compatibility files from /data/*

--0.90b for 0.15

- properly added the config, thanks Dirtyredz

--0.90 for 0.15

- Updated to 0.15

- using production from assemblers the same way factories do

- complex overview shows the required productioncapacity for the current cycle, for all factories running and the rate at which it gets generated

- Improved overview of tradingTab by changing the layout slightly, assigned cargo now has a  '*' as indicator, tradinglists are sorted

- extended config

--0.89b for 0.14

- Fixed a problem when migrating from 0.88b complexes.

- Fixed crashes and general weird behavior with asynchronous Entity changes (This is what broke v0.88 since Avorion 0.13)[The build menu needs a manual input(button press/slider change/station selection) to properly show the next build phase]

- Founding-stations for complexes can now have a different rootIndex than 0 (The whole mechanic behind got a lot more forgiving)

- The stretching of the connections, when adding new stations in a single direction is now gone (New stations will still always be outside of the complexes Bounding Box, but without unused space)

- Overview tab keeps correct colors when changing priority

- Alliance permissions system is now implemented

- Factories that need no ingredients and produce no garbage, but have >1 product(Noble-Metal-Mines, Gas-Collectors, ...), will now continue producing, if there is space for at least one product.

- Moved to /mods/ directory. If you have Complexes in your Galaxy follow the updated installation instructions!

- The construction Tab now shows the name of the subfactory you are currently connecting to

- NPC trading is now integrated into the mod. It can be disabled via the /mods/complexMod/config/config.lua file. (works with Better Docking http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3892.0.html)

--0.88b  for beta .8782

- The build button could be pressed, when a player was not supposed to.

--0.88  for beta .8782

- rudimentary Alliance support, until a vanilla bug is resolved

- Fixed a bug, where not having enough resources could lead to dataloss

- added backup system to preserve complexdata

- fixed an exploit that could give a full cargohaul of goods

- complexoverview is now sorted and shows missing or excess good production

- added Complex Management menu, in which Name and Title of a station can be changed

- complexfactories can be sold (at 70% of the initial factory cost). This can not be undone. The Buildings stay in tact.

[Complextrader]

- can now transport up to 5,000 goods at a time

--0.87b

- A non harmful bug removed where

"Received an invoke script message the wrong sector. Coordinates: xxx:yyy"

would be printed into client-log

- added an optional download to let NPC-Freighters trade with complexes

-Added ability to change the name of a Complex.

-The Trademenu is now fully dynamic and can hold any amount of trading-goods

-The Complexoverview now has Scrollbars. This improves visibility of Productions.

- Many smaller improvements in the UI.

- In the Buy/Sell Menu for all trader the buttons wouldn't work as well as the input was not handled correctly.

- The Complex overview now uses the available space better:

before

FqOhl90.jpg

after

t2wdgoU.jpg

-- 0.85 release

Good to see that you have continued the mod :)

Any idea how big it will be on performance on a busy server and does it currently conflict with OOSP or is it just not supported yet?

This mod is highly compatible with pretty much anything we have in mods. The only file modified is stationfounder.lua- with a single line added, so that the script gets registered.

This includes OOSP. The symbiosis is not done yet. The complexes don't produce out of sector.

Performance wise it is actually quite good. It currently moves a little more data between Server and client than probably needed. (But still less than a detailed Entity).

The only problem is the complexPreview- That is CLIENT-side only. And a vanilla UI-widget so I can't do much about it.

A complex of 15 Factories probably has the same performance as 15 single factories.

I haven't tested what happens when a client doesn't have the files tho.

That one is lightyears better than my scratch for sure, congratulation mate.

Totaly different way to solve the problem whit the not so player frienly vanila ones, and nicely done.

(Maybe a bit to Compl3X for beginers tho :) )

Q: Its looking for produced power amouth to run right?

Q: Its looking for produced power amouth to run right?

Where it says xx.yyGW Free, it shows the excess power.

I asked Koonshi to obfuscate the EnergySystem and he did in the last patch. Thank you again Koonshi. Before it wasn't even possible to read how much energy was produced or consumed. Sadly I still can't increase energy consumption let alone show it in the energy overview. I actually have to reduce the energy production. But it works good enough!

Where it says xx.yyGW Free, it shows the excess power.

Thanks for the answer.

Sadly I still can't increase energy consumption let alone show it in the energy overview. I actually have to reduce the energy production. But it works good enough!

Nice move give a negative statbonus for generated energy, yeah its same as rising the consumption.

Expecialy like this part "--adding 1 Turret per 600,000 net worth of the complex" its quiet usefull for big stations.

Plus the way you done it is brilliant.

Nice move give a negative statbonus for generated energy, yeah its same as rising the consumption.

Expecialy like this part "--adding 1 Turret per 600,000 net worth of the complex" its quiet usefull for big stations.

Plus the way you done it is brilliant.

Looks like the 4 weeks preperation and programming payed off

Couple of quick notes, kudos for the great idea and slick interface, btw :D

You can't Build Complex with existing stations - not sure if that's mentioned anywhere, but you have to found a new station after the mod is installed in order to get the Build Complex menu item.

And I can't buy/sell to the complex - it's happily whirring away producing items with the stock I already had in the original stations, but buy/sell appears to do nothing. Any ideas?

Niggly detail - in the original stations, I can put 9999 into the qty box and it auto corrects to the max available. I'm lazy :P Your interface appears not to do that...unless that's related to the above problem.

Thanks for your work!

You can't Build Complex with existing stations - not sure if that's mentioned anywhere, but you have to found a new station after the mod is installed in order to get the Build Complex menu item.

That is known and not something I want to change, since the factories can still be integrated into a Complex.

And I can't buy/sell to the complex - it's happily whirring away producing items with the stock I already had in the original stations, but buy/sell appears to do nothing. Any ideas?

Niggly detail - in the original stations, I can put 9999 into the qty box and it auto corrects to the max available. I'm lazy :P Your interface appears not to do that...unless that's related to the above problem.

This sounds like a bug. I will have a look into it.

Edit: Yes it was a bug. The 2nd depended ont the first one. It will be fixed with the next update :)

Edit2: I forgot to mention that only stations placed AFTER the installation will have the ability to start a complex.- Now mentioned in the known issues section

New Version released:

- In the Buy/Sell Menu for all trader the buttons wouldn't work as well as the input was not handled correctly.

- The Complex overview now uses the available space better:

before

FqOhl90.jpg

after

t2wdgoU.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Laser, I've been having trouble with setting up a complex, I'll list my procedure below incase you can see an immediate problem.

Other than that I've read through the tutorial on how to set them up completely so you know I've not half assed it.

1. Founded Solar Station and customised it's look. (It's still capable of producing and trading with npc ships)

2. Moved Asteroid into sector and built on it to setup initial Production (Coal Mine).

3. Used build complex command on Solar Station selected -Y value and was happy with placement.

Now a couple of things I've noticed before I hit Build, is that in the production overview and trade goods tab nothing is displayed

(as in the menu is there but nothing is listed, not even goods).

4. Observed it will cost me 50,000+ credits and 10000 Trinium and Xanion then I Pressed build.

With the complex screen still there I notice the costs disappeared, no credits or resources popped up as a deduction along the right

side of the screen, the build button locked out (which when looking through the code is correct as I saw your notation there) and

the complex doesn't get constructed. The stations stay as they are and nothing happens.

Any thoughts about why this happens or what I could do to try and find out why it doesn't happen would be great, thanks.

With the complex screen still there I notice the costs disappeared

This is the typical behaivior, when the mod crashed pls send me your logfiles (client[%appdata%/roaming/Avorion] AND server[%appdata%/roaming/Avorion/galaxies/<yourgalaxyname>])

Please send me the Log-files via a private message. I might need you to do some more steps, wich I guide you through, that would unnecessarily fill up this thread.

The client and server logs as requested. Sorry about posting it here the PM system doesn't allow me to add attachments.

would you be so kind and set

DEBUGLEVEL=4

in the top of entity/complexManager.lua and entity/ui/complexManager/constructionTab.lua.

Then purposely again produce this error and send the resulting log.

My best geuss is that you removed the rootblock of your solar-power-plant, when you

1. Founded Solar Station and customised it's look. (It's still capable of producing and trading with npc ships)

Which should be totally fine!

This probably changed the rootblocksIndex to something else then "0", which ultimately caused the crash.

The new log files will definately clear this up.