Stats for ships BEFORE apply a blueprint!

Thundercraft

Suggestion

Don't you find it frustrating to have a folder FULL of various ship designs, but absolutely no way to determine how large a ship design is, what the stats are, or how many resources it would require to build... until AFTER actually applying the design?

Just imagine the amount of time and frustration that could be saved by being able to glance at the stats of each ship design to easily determine which we can or can not currently afford (in terms of both resources and crew) to build and which have the stats we are looking for.

I honestly did not feel that this suggestion needed to be brought up because I assumed that it would be forthcoming very soon. It's just so obvious.

Indeed, I am familiar with several other games in which the stats for player-created vehicles and weapons are displayed on the load menu. I was surprised that Avorion did not do this. But I forgave this glaring omission because it is still in active development.

7 answers to this suggestion

I was surprised that Avorion did not do this. But I forgave this glaring omission because it is still in active development.

LOL same and its funny that I like most never even brought it UP because it is so obvious i just assumed it will come soon.

I still think it will but it is a good thing that some one brought it up.

It IS so self-evident that I just assume that's why nobody (that I've seen at least) has suggested it until now.  Literally every other building game does this.  We need to see a full breakdown of ship costs and stats in the load screen.  Heck, the entire save/load interface is a total mess right now.  Having a vertical, alphabetical list, like, you know... the standard Windows file structure tree?... on the left hand side, with the right hand side being the picture and stats of the craft, would be a million times easier to sort and navigate.

• Boxelware Team

With the alliance update there will come a preview of the costs of the ship either flat cost or relative to your current ship. The stats are not included as we thought it would clutter the preview window too much.

How would you go about showing them? Or would you rather just have a less detailed stat break-down for the preview?

Or do you think Avorion needs an entirely different preview window?

With the alliance update there will come a preview of the costs of the ship either flat cost or relative to your current ship. The stats are not included as we thought it would clutter the preview window too much.

How would you go about showing them? Or would you rather just have a less detailed stat break-down for the preview?

Or do you think Avorion needs an entirely different preview window?

An entirely different preview window sounds like the better option.  Just redesign it from the ground up.  The current one is just tedious to use.

Here's an article that succinctly highlights the problems that typically occur with game UIs.  It may be helpful. 

is also a really good breakdown of how to convey information and arrange menus both poorly and well.