Monstrous crew payments, i may know a solution

Masyaka

Suggestion

Making ships too big is bad for your health. Together with spent millions of money, resources for monstrous shields, generators, engines and thrusters amout you also need ten times more crew members each resource upgrade. And from medium iron's ship payment of 3k /hour you must pay millions at the avorion stage (if you dont build little little little cargo ship with OP cargo module). I havent got there yet but already got a situation when i couldnt pay my crew and had to sell ~60k of farmed scrapyard resources.

I would pleasantly exchange +6 armed turrets for a module, which will replace 10%, 20%, 30%, 50% of my damned crew, together taking -20% -40% -60% of my generated power, so i wont farm pirate asteroids and scrapyards so hard!!

To not make it too OP and able to replace whole crew, you can make restriction to put only one module at a time or have 5 legendary -20% modules together to make you not suffer. Make it not drop from pirates and each of them will cost like 1-2 millions

Does anybody supports my idea?

11 answers to this suggestion

well money at higher levels is insanely easy to obtain. Heck I hit the flip 2 billion maker a few times. I do agree the whole crew thing is a mess

I have made a suggestion on it before.

1: Crew

The idea that I can pull up to a random space station and hire 40 to 80 men that don’t even know me and have them walk onto my ship is just insane to me.

I’d rather have it so you start out with just ,you a pilot, and have to gain fame or infamy to hire on new crew.

Infamy: is gained by the act of nefarious deeds like stealing cargo attacking random ships and all-around devious acts of privateering.

As your infamy grows pirates and smugglers will be willing to join your crew however these deviants of society will want their share of the loot. 25% of all profit and every now and then they will take a random module or turret for their own.

Fame: is gained by fending off pirates and aliens, running missions, trading cargo, and various other deeds accepted by society.

But having fame alone is not enough to have normal people want to join your crew you also have to be in good faction standing with the trade post or station you are trying to recruit from.

* Once an NPC contacts you and tells you he wishes to join your crew the player is able to assign him to any vessel he or she wishes regardless of the location of said vessel. If the vessel they are signed to is destroyed they will die or not die according to the settings and difficulties set on the server.

Each level of NPC’s is harder to recruit with pilots being the easiest. However pilots are equal to one miner one gunner one mechanic and one engineer but you can only have three active pilots on any vessel at any given time.

This set up dramatically changes the flow of the entire game.

With the system in place the player will start out with a very light fighter on the 0.05 scale work his way up to a heavy fighter; three pilots. Then form a squadron of maybe three or four fighters. (Player controlled AI will have to be dramatically improved which is planned anyway.)

At which point they should be able to recruit a few engineers and mechanics enabling them to make a light cruiser or cargo ship so they can make trade runs or pirate raids.

Eventually they’ll be able to hire a few sergeants so they can have a much larger ship and so on and so forth unto their fame grows and they become a force to be reckoned with inside the galaxy.

With this change normal AI ships would also be much smaller than they are now allowing for there to be full on dogfights. (Once again AI needs some improvement in this aspect.) With this in place there should be very few large ships flying around and come against one should be a full on challenge.

I also think it be nice if new blocks you can loot and install in your ship were added.

Reactive crystals: Increase power output by 1% for every block. (have to loot each block individually)

And of course the

AI core: Equal to 1 mechanic 1 engineer 1 gunner 1 miner and 1 Sargent and requires 1 Gigawatt of power for every block.

Thees blocks would be on the 0.05 scale and would add allot more fun to the loot systme.

And of course the

AI core: Equal to 1 mechanic 1 engineer 1 gunner 1 miner and 1 Sargent and requires 1 Gigawatt of power for every block.

Thees blocks would be on the 0.05 scale and would add allot more fun to the loot systme.

Generator of 1 GW will need twice more crew than the AI, i belive.

I know that money will be bigger at later stage, but i still want to put those 2 mils on a new exotic chaingun.

If you aren't swimming in cash before you hit Naonite you're doing it wrong. Heck, by Titanium money becomes irrelevant with the most minimum of trading.

I think the crew numbers are a little high, but no where near OMG have a hemorrhage risk a stroke letting your blood pressure climb to blood curdling like cottage cheese levels.

The cash to pay them is a pittance later on. I have two ships currently, at a 100K+ and my main ship at 150K+, and I aint going broke anytime soon. And I don't in any way, shape or form bother with over exploiting the trade system. I buy a few select items once in awhile, but 90% of anything I'm hauling is 13 5$ protein bars from a salvaged ship. You can make money hand over fist in trade. My current 18 million would be 1.8 billion if I bothered with it. I mean seriously, just grabbing the gold floating around all the salvage I do is enough to pay for most of my crew.

This is too much drama over something that's a total non factor unless you try to go way too big way too fast.

The crew system is fine the way it is TBH. I'd rather see life pods for all the ships I'm shooting to hell and back before any work on revamping something that works fine as is.

Cheers..! 

If you aren't swimming in cash before you hit Naonite you're doing it wrong. Heck, by Titanium money becomes irrelevant with the most minimum of trading.

I think the crew numbers are a little high, but no where near OMG have a hemorrhage risk a stroke letting your blood pressure climb to blood curdling like cottage cheese levels.

The cash to pay them is a pittance later on. I have two ships currently, at a 100K+ and my main ship at 150K+, and I aint going broke anytime soon. And I don't in any way, shape or form bother with over exploiting the trade system. I buy a few select items once in awhile, but 90% of anything I'm hauling is 13 5$ protein bars from a salvaged ship. You can make money hand over fist in trade. My current 18 million would be 1.8 billion if I bothered with it. I mean seriously, just grabbing the gold floating around all the salvage I do is enough to pay for most of my crew.

This is too much drama over something that's a total non factor unless you try to go way too big way too fast.

The crew system is fine the way it is TBH. I'd rather see life pods for all the ships I'm shooting to hell and back before any work on revamping something that works fine as is.

Cheers..!

I have to agree with Doc here.  The only time you're scraping for cash is right at the start when you're in iron and mixed iron/titanium sectors.  If you find a salvage yard and spend the approximately three hours necessary to strip every wreck there, while taking time out to shoot down the pirate and Xsotan invasions and salvage THEM too, you'll be swimming in so many components and resources that you'll probably never have a problem paying your crew from then on.

I think for one, better ways of obtaining money would be good. If you're max relations with a faction, they should pay you for every enemy of theirs you destroy, that would be a good one all round. Sustain your crew off being part of a factions military, basically. The current ways are kinda lame. Find a bunch of big asteroids and sell them, go through a salvage yard once.

I think for one, better ways of obtaining money would be good ... The current ways are kinda lame. Find a bunch of big asteroids and sell them, go through a salvage yard once.

Find a friendly sector with a station or two and some friendly frigates where the only 'reds' that show up are pirates and Xsostan. (So a friendly sector where all neighbouring sectors are also friendly).  Save up a metric buttload of credits, and build a station.  That station will start getting visited by cargo haulers and generating income for you.  Of course, it only does so when the sector is loaded, so you're probably going to want to have a decent warship with a captain, and instead of closing the game when you're done just leave it running with the ship orders set to 'Attack Enemies'.

Between the station profits and the rewards for killing pirates and Xsostan, you'll do fine.

I think for one, better ways of obtaining money would be good ... The current ways are kinda lame. Find a bunch of big asteroids and sell them, go through a salvage yard once.

Find a friendly sector with a station or two and some friendly frigates where the only 'reds' that show up are pirates and Xsostan. (So a friendly sector where all neighbouring sectors are also friendly).  Save up a metric buttload of credits, and build a station.  That station will start getting visited by cargo haulers and generating income for you.  Of course, it only does so when the sector is loaded, so you're probably going to want to have a decent warship with a captain, and instead of closing the game when you're done just leave it running with the ship orders set to 'Attack Enemies'.

Between the station profits and the rewards for killing pirates and Xsostan, you'll do fine.

AFKing to earn money is a horrendous method. It doesn't even require player input.

AFKing to earn money is a horrendous method. It doesn't even require player input.

Well, there's effort of the setup, and also the risk it'll all get blown to smithereens while you're away.  And I don't see much difference between my stations earning credits and building inventory while I'm present vs. AFK.  In neither case do they require any action from me.

I think for one, better ways of obtaining money would be good. If you're max relations with a faction, they should pay you for every enemy of theirs you destroy, that would be a good one all round. Sustain your crew off being part of a factions military, basically. The current ways are kinda lame. Find a bunch of big asteroids and sell them, go through a salvage yard once.

I don't use Salvage yards. The whole timed license thing is huge turn off for me. I can make my own dead ship parking lot out any pirate sector whenever I want, and get the fun of actually making it so.

Trading is good. Asteroids are OK. Selling turrets and extra resources and cards and whatever. Hang out and vaporize a few pirates for fun and profit. Take on a mission from any station that's asking.

There are more than enough ways to make a buck, all of them viable. You can have a veritable fortune from Titanium, Iron if you want to work a few minutes at it.

Maybe the game needs to trim the Government Cheese and make us go work for our money instead of handing out Asteroids and Salvage Yards so you have to do something besides abuse the two items you mention..?

As always, YMMV.

Cheers..!

I don't use Salvage yards. The whole timed license thing is huge turn off for me. I can make my own dead ship parking lot out any pirate sector whenever I want, and get the fun of actually making it so.

Trading is good. Asteroids are OK. Selling turrets and extra resources and cards and whatever. Hang out and vaporize a few pirates for fun and profit. Take on a mission from any station that's asking.

There are more than enough ways to make a buck, all of them viable. You can have a veritable fortune from Titanium, Iron if you want to work a few minutes at it.

Maybe the game needs to trim the Government Cheese and make us go work for our money instead of handing out Asteroids and Salvage Yards so you have to do something besides abuse the two items you mention..?

As always, YMMV.

Cheers..!

I went over the cheese in the thread I made on game progression, I think. Because I agree, you're just given infinite amounts of money for no reason. Even the combat, enemies are incompetent and poorly designed.