Questions Thread

Vackin

What are the XYZ of generated galaxy?The galaxy in Avorion represents the world in which the game takes place. It consists of different sectors. It is randomly generated and its size is currently 1000x1000 sectors, so in one galaxy there are 1 Million sectors.

http://www.avorion.net/wiki/index.php?title=Galaxy

The galaxy is not completely generated at once, but procedurally generated as the players explore new sectors.

May ask how the distribution of resources currently implemented?

The distribution of the materials depends on the position of the sector in the galaxy. Common materials like Iron or Titanium can be found at the edge of the galaxy, whereas the more advanced materials are only found in the central regions of the galaxy.

Image of Distribution:

http://www.avorion.net/wiki/index.php?title=File:MaterialDistribution.jpg

More question to be continued.

Making this thread to ask questions of my own or of others.

Is it possible to change the location of player-settings/game-settings/logs/temps from .../Roaming/Avorion to game folder(like: C:\Program Files\Avorion\serverData)? This important for making game server, because disk C:\ often dont have many disk space. If this doesnt possible with this client version, can i request adding this feature to the new version? Also maybe you can just recompile the game client/server with this settings, please. I think, this option changes is not hard to apply, but be very useful for making server more easy to config (for faster editing settings and player data's).

Thanks for reading.

• Boxelware Team

The server log will be moved to the folder where you saved your galaxy in future versions. The temp stuff and game settings are from the client, and will probably remain there, this is common use for Windows games to put their savegames there. They don't use up more than several kB.

The server data is saved in the folder you specified when starting the server. If you kill the server by closing the console it has no chance to write the data to the hard disk. To do so, you must gracefully stop the server by sending the ingame chat command /stop. Note that this can currently be done by all users, as there are no server roles (like admins) implemented yet.

• Boxelware Team
About save folder. May be add some option to change that? I wont play with my friend, but hi have Cyrillic user name on his PC and don't wont change it.

Which folder do you mean? There are multiple possibilities:

• The folder of the galaxy of the dedicated multiplayer server
  • The folder of the galaxies of the singleplayer (or MP if your friends connect to you)
  • The folder of the settings (same as singleplayer galaxies folder)

Which one would you like to be able to change? Because the dedicated MP galaxy folder is not fixed. You can put this one whereever you want.

Anyway, I'll add unicode support (to support cyrillic and other letters) as soon as possible.

So I am attempting to make a giant mining vessel, but I seem to have "run out of mining lasers". At first i thought that mean the shipyard that I was at was out of mining turrets, but upon visiting another shipyard I was greeted with the same question!

Is there a limit to how many mining lasers can be placed on one ship at a time? Can the number of available lasers be increased in any way?

So me and my friend r playing a lot recently and considering a let'splay but we noticed with out calculations it that stations on the outer area of the spawnpoints made of naonite+ have over 1million hp. Now with our naonite weaponry we calculated 28 minutes of sitting there waiting to destroy one station, because each of us only have 3 turrets. I was wondering if there is a way to increase the amount of turrets so we can have a smoother sailing gameplay with some more action and fun.

Thanks,

Leon

• Boxelware Team

For now more turrets are not possible - what you could do to destroy shipyards quicker is to bring other ships. You'd have to fly them manually into the sector. Tell them to attack enemies, as soon as you damaged the shipyard enough to become your enemy, your companion ships will start attacking it.

• 3 months later...