Improved Planet Visuals

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Hey everybody,

As we already said in our previous announcement, we always strive to improve the graphics of Avorion. For this small update, we've updated the planet visuals so they match the rest of the game better. The changes are subtle and might even be overlooked when you don't pay attention. We want Avorion to look great and unique and this is one of many steps that we will take to improve the atmosphere and achieve a more cohesive, exciting graphics style. It may not be completely realistic, but we think that the overall feel of the game will have improved by a lot.

You can check them out ingame after you got the update. We'll be rolling out the changes over the next 24 hours, and you may have to restart Steam to get the update. Depending on your region, the update might take a little longer to be active, but everybody should get it within the next 24 hours.

Have fun!

Does it supposed to be a square ?

I instantly facepalmed when I saw cubic planets ;D ;D ;D

But hey seriously is it a bug? or intentional might even be an awesome joke from devs xD because Avorion's planets were really awesome!!!

Who said Koon's have no sense of humor? Happy April, 1st and such...  :P :) :D ;D

because Avorion's planets were really awesome!!!

Me loves the little fact that you actually see which planet you are approaching through a jumpgate! makes it feel a bit more consistent IMO... and aye, they make (made?) beautiful scenery:

D1DB3552EEC7A327DC8579B3808DE6C4DB7FEAD1

5E8B29BA5B95BD6EB79D5E909024C512849E74C0

been jumping around a little bit....

Its an interesting change. but is that all there is at the moment? will there be an expansion on this idea?

also some of the planet graphics look a little warped and weird now that they are cubes.

But hey seriously is it a bug? or intentional might even be an awesome joke from devs xD because Avorion's planets were really awesome!!!

I got same issue. All planets i saw today became cubes. Got a lil frightened when i saw it the first time  ;D

Just downloading current graphic drivers, maybe this will help (Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb).

Edit: Nothing changed with current drivers.

cube.thumb.jpg.f3b43907d524422d845aaadedc203af7.jpg

I got same issue. All planets i saw today became cubes. Got a lil frightened when i saw it the first time  ;D

Just downloading current graphic drivers, maybe this will help (Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb).

Edit: Nothing changed with current drivers.

You have to reboot your PC every hour till 2. April , so the driver can reach full functionality.  It's a known bug.